View Poll Results: How do you play with your Transformers?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasy play

11 8.09%
  • Fiddle play

97 71.32%
  • Don't play

24 17.65%
  • Other (please specify)

4 2.94%
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you play with your Transformer toys?

Default Do you play with your Transformer toys?

For the purposes of this poll we have:

+ Fantasy play: That's when you get down with your toys and live out adventures. You may even do voices and make sound effects (pew pew pew!)

+ Fiddle play: This is where you just occasionally pick the toy up, have a fiddle, transform it a few times. You may even make action poses or photocomics etc., but there is little (if any) actual creative fantasy play involved.

+ Don't play: You very rarely (if ever) play with your toys anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to also discuss your thoughts about playing with toys.

I have always enjoyed playing with my Transformer toys and I still try to play with them whenever I can get the chance (which unfortunately isn't nearly as often as I'd like). If I only have a little bit of time I might just fiddle with a toy, transform it back and forth - but when I do have the time I'll get down and make the sound effects (pew pew pew), voices, stories etc.

For me it's a form of escapism; much like watching movies, reading books etc., only that it offers more active imagination and creativity. Watching movies and reading books is a more passive imaginative or creative exercise because you're merely just spectating something that someone else has created, whereas with fantasy play I'm making the story up as I go along. Sure, the basic fiction is already established there for me with the Transformers mythos, so it's not as if I'm being completely original or anything, but I do find it a more active creative exercise because I still have to control the characters, their dialogue and interactions. I have to think of a complication for my protagonists etc etc.; none of which I can do when passively reading a book or watching a film where it's all pre-defined. Also, I very seldomly stay within official continuity when I play with my toys. ;p

i like to fiddle

I fiddle but I also may do voices and sound effects at the same time.

Yeah I'm a fiddler as well.

I guess it's all relevant to the circumstances though. For example, when my nephews are older there is the possibility of more constructive play.

I mostly just transform them a bit, then put them on display.
    Every so often I may take one down and play again, but not like I used to.
    I used to play with old Star Wars figures, made mini mountains out of blankets and pillows underneath them.

I do miss those times, and I dont know if I could ever do it again, or if I have lost my imagination. Really sad to think that.

As much as i do voices and wotnot... nowadays I end up just fiddle playing
    I may take a figure or figures out from the room and keep posing them while watching TV or transform them back and forth while on the net. Like, right now I have Optimal optimus , TM cheetor, TM rattrap and TM rhinox next to me. Putiing them in some poses and imagining/posing them as if how they would be arranged on a shelf of their own. BUt making stories and mock battles with sound/dialogue for me has waned down severely much to my chagrin but with work an other chores and stuff has made it so less than i would prefer... I make up for it at time when I go on leaves where I stay in the room most of the time doing dioramas and battle poses til I get bored and fall asleep
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

My Transformers get transformed once put on display and isn't touch unless I clean out my cabinet or need to repack it to move somewhere else that way it stays stiff. :P I will pose them but after that I just stand there, stare at my cool G1/Universe collection and smile to my self I tend to look at the details on the figures and appreciate the little things that make these figures so cool

I fiddle.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Hey diddle diddle, I like to fiddle!

Fiddler.