Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RID-2015 season one DVD set for Sept 1st in Australia

Default RID-2015 season one DVD set for Sept 1st in Australia

Beyond Home Entertainment will be releasing a season 1 DVD set of Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) exclusively through JB Hi-Fi:
    Transformers: Robots In Disguise - Season 1

I expect it will just be the four single DVD volumes bundled together, like boxed sets of other recent cartoon series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    Beyond Home Entertainment will be releasing a season 1 DVD set of Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) exclusively through JB Hi-Fi:
    Transformers: Robots In Disguise - Season 1

I expect it will just be the four single DVD volumes bundled together, like boxed sets of other recent cartoon series.
    I think it's great that Beyond Entertainment are releasing this as a Season set, as it was just found out in America, a single volume listed by Shout Factory... and after what they did to Rescue Bots, I think there will be a lot of jealous Americans.
    Unfortunately, Beyond Entertainment are doing this as Region-4 instead of Region free... as they could have sold heaps to Americans.
    (I wonder why Madman gave up the license for Transformers, after such a long history of releasing just about every previous series... and still releasing TFPrime.)

This set has a release date of September 1st, which isn't too far away, and probably will be out before the entire season has even been screened here.

The minutes listed is 527, which is only 24 episodes if 22 minutes each, or 25 episodes if 21 minutes each.

It's $49 for 4 discs, which is quite a lot compared to their Rescue Bots 4-pack which was only about $20.... but that was after they had the individual volumes sold for about $15 each, so I guess it is still cheaper than if they were sold separately.

Has the second half of season one been shown on Aus TV (Foxtel) and I missed it?

I noticed that Foxtel are repeating the first half eps at the moment on early weekend mornings. I was waiting to see if they'd continue into the latter half of season one after that was done

I might just pick this up. especially on one of JB's 20% off sales
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Has the second half of season one been shown on Aus TV (Foxtel) and I missed it?

I noticed that Foxtel are repeating the first half eps at the moment on early weekend mornings. I was waiting to see if they'd continue into the latter half of season one after that was done
    I am not sure if it has been aired or not but I know iTunes has released the whole series in 4 volumes would they release it before airing?
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

It's strange that when it comes to movies, the DVDs come out first to make sure they get sales, but for TV shows, the DVDs come out after they've aired on TV... as if the TV ratings are more important for TV shows than Movies.

Put my pre-order down at JB HI FI... Looking forward to finally watching the complete series.

Looks like there will be single volumes after all, with the Boxset just being exclusive to JBHifi (which is still an odd thing to do).

Volume 1 is also listed on JBHifi, for a September 1st release date as well... probably with 7 episodes, for $13. (giving the boxset a very slight saving of $3 if they end up with four volumes at that price... but expect about $15 at other retailers)

The title of the first volume is "Collect 'Em All".

Nice cover on the single volume, shame that big red robot's not really in any of the first 7 episodes (all that much)

Yeah, marketing is so deceptive, just to get people to buy things.
    Optimus and Bumblebee aren't in much of Rescue Bots either, but they have more toys than the cast characters, and featured on DVD covers... because regular people (parents buying them for kids or as gifts) recognise the iconic character of Optimus and might remember that it was the character that the intended recipient liked (if more kids are fans of Bee and Op than other characters, they get plastered on all the kids merchandise, including DVDs - I think there was a Rescue Bots DVD that had Optimus or Bee on the cover, but didn't appear in any episodes on the disc).