View Poll Results: How did you rate this episode?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Outstanding

1 11.11%
  • 4 - Enjoyable

6 66.67%
  • 3 - Good

1 11.11%
  • 2 - Average

1 11.11%
  • 1 - Crap

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode Review - 108 Transformers Prime - Con Job

Default Episode Review - 108 Transformers Prime - Con Job

Bulkhead awaits a visit from his buddy Wheeljack, but his arrival does not go as planned.

Part 1
    Part 2

Discuss
    Last edited by KaRNiV8L PRiME; 26th February 2011 at 10:59 PM.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Yep. another Average Episode of Transformers Prime. the battle with the Scraplets last episode was much more enjoyable this one.

Spoilers and a Rant in white........I find it ironic that the premise of the episode was that there was a Decepticon pretending to be Wheeljack when Prime's idea of Wheeljack isn't really him in the first place. I realise that Prime is not G1, but Wheeljack should be some sort of Science bot ,Not the guy who bore more than a passing resemblance to Drift. In fact in my head I was thinking that Drift would've been a better choice, even to the point where a more entertaining storyline could've been had with a Decepticon plot to impersonate Drift in order to make the traitor look like he had returned to his old ways. I certainly hope the next ep is more exciting.

spoilers ahoy

I liked "Driftjack."

Plenty of action... but as with last episode I was disappointed that there wasn't that much transforming either. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue
    I realise that Prime is not G1, but Wheeljack should be some sort of Science bot ,Not the guy who bore more than a passing resemblance to Drift.
    Even though G1 Wheeljack was a mechanical engineer, not a scientist. But yeah, his persona was definitely more Driftish... the only thing about him that's Wheeljack is the look and name. But hey... it's not G1. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue
    In fact in my head I was thinking that Drift would've been a better choice, even to the point where a more entertaining storyline could've been had with a Decepticon plot to impersonate Drift in order to make the traitor look like he had returned to his old ways. I certainly hope the next ep is more exciting.
    Nah, I prefer Driftjack over Drift.

But yeah, I hope next ep will feature more transforming and if they're gonna introduce a new character, hopefully s/he'll actually stay! This series sure has its fair share of "hi then bye" characters... Cliffjumper, Skyquake, Wheeljack...

If Hasbro's planning on making toys of these characters, it's odd that they don't appear more -- and in Wheeljack's case, it's quite odd that he never transformed (although the episode does leave it open for him to potentially return). At least Cliffjumper and Skyquake got "showcased" in both modes.

I actually found the most interesting character in the story was Makeshift -- a Decepticon much like Chameleon or Zartan. A shame he had to die at the end, as he would've been a pretty deadly recurring villain.

Could Wheeljack have been intended to be Sunstreaker at some point? Similar transformation, he's got the 'ears' as well, and Wheeljack's personality here is closer to that of your average Sunstreaker.

Not that I mind at all that Wheeljack wasn't captain science here.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I really enjoyed this episode.

+ There were some great TF references in there. Darkmount and the Wreckers were mentioned.
    + Wheeljack kicked ass
    + Enjoying Starscream leading the cons.
    - Jackie??? not so good
    - Only starscream and troopers transform (this is starting to bug me)
    - Makeshifts ultimate fate. They could've re-used him in more episodes
    Recent Additions:
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    Selling:
    Looking For:

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    - Jackie??? not so good
    Yeah, that bugged me. I don't like it when writers make the Transformers feel too human. (-_-) (hello, they're aliens...)

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    - Makeshifts ultimate fate. They could've re-used him in more episodes
    Yeah. Ya know, if something like this happened in Beast Wars, I reckon Makeshift would have survived and the Decepticons would've learnt the location of the Autobot's no-longer-secret base and in the next episode the slag would hit the fan.

I quite enjoyed this episode, despite WJ not being quite as G1 as one would expect.

Things to keep in mind about the death of Transformers, do they really die?

I am of the mind that maybe Skyquake was playing dead at the end of his episode.

With Makeshift having learned the placing of the Autobot base and knowing a way in without the bridge, Starscream might go to the effort of rebuilding/gathering brain pieces.

Was nice to see the other references, and Ratchet's referral to the scraplets in the previous episode. I do wish Prime would lighten up though. Everything is so damn serious with that guy. This was especially noticeable in the scraplets ep. Obviously Arcee was having a bit of a joke about Bulkhead, but Prime starts lecturing.

Hope to see more of WJ and oher Wreckers. (Springer!!)

Do we need to worry about spoilers in these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Do we need to worry about spoilers in these threads?
    Way I see it is, if someone doesn't want something to be spoiled, they shouldn't read reviews in general. I think the term "review" implies that you will find out information that potentially was not already know
    Recent Additions:
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    Selling:
    Looking For:

This was probably the first episode that I didn't mind. Maybe it had something to do with Wheeljack being in it

The only thing that bugged me though was his personality. I understand that it's not meant to be G1, but it would be nice to have some consistencies so older fans can relate.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Things to keep in mind about the death of Transformers, do they really die?
    If their Spark is extinguished, then they are dead as dead.

Unless your name is "Optimus."