View Poll Results: TFPrime Cmdr Bulkhead - worth buying?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 75.00%
  • Only if...

2 16.67%
  • No

1 8.33%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - TFPrime Cmdr Bulkhead

My thoughts about this toy...

Pros:
    + Interesting engineering/transformation.
    + Decent paint apps
    + Autobot logos present (still can't believe that the Cyberverse figures are better at having logos than some Deluxes)
    + Weapon is made out of solid plastic and not that soft rubbery crap that the Legions Class weapons are made from
    + Multiple holes on vehicle mode means that the weapon can be attached in different positions or you can add on more weapons
    + Storage point on back of robot mode for weapon

Cons:
    + The robot mode feels rather "hollow." I know it's because the entire lower half tucks into it in vehicle mode, but I would've preferred it if say the wheels on the back could fold right into them and fill the space up.
    + My major gripe about this toy: What's with the 'windows' on the chest?? The show model doesn't have those. Worst of all, it looks really bad in vehicle mode as the entire mid section of the bonnet has these random windows on them! The only reason I can imagine is that they designed this toy as a 'scale down' of the Voyager Class figure, which does have doors/windows on the sides of the torso. But I see no reason why they had to replicate this on the Commander Class figure... it may make the toy more Voyager-toy accurate, but it makes it less show-accurate. And considering that TF Prime was conceived as a show first, I find it rather unnecessary and detractive for the Commander toy's vehicle form and the robot mode also suffers from being less show-accurate too. This toy would be 10 times more awesome if it didn't have those needless faux-door/window kibble on the chest/bonnet.

I voted for "Only if..." --> only if you're collecting Cyberverse. Otherwise go for the Voyager.

Decepticon Guest

I have. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    + My major gripe about this toy: What's with the 'windows' on the chest?? The show model doesn't have those.
    for the whole cyberverse light up gimmick; i guess they didn't think bulkhead's pre-existing chest had enough clear bits so they added windows.

Annoyingly they don't let light through very easily...

Aside from that, I like this toy a lot! It's well designed and the scuplting is pretty nice on such a small figure! Check out that face!!

He even has details in the eyes!!!!
    Thank god this one is good though, as all the others in this class have sucked as far as I am concerned.

I wish he had two of them wrecking ball accessories like on the show, Since he is a commander class figure and it would be a nice balance. Ah well Im stil happy about the figure though as like Gok I didnt like the light up clear chest panels, not really necessary
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Simple, effective and fun transformation, looks good in both modes, and impressive engineering. As mentioned by a couple of people, would have preferred if the torso wasn't hollow but it's understandable given how he unfolds from vehicle.

Actually, the biggest thing that I don't like about him is... his size, he's so tiny (both in robot and vehicle). Obviously, this is compared to figures prior to DOTM as after that, they've all shrunk. Apart from that, awesome figure.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"