Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monopoly: Transformers G1

Default Monopoly: Transformers G1

My wife bought the Transformers G1 Monopoly and we have been playing it over the weekend. I found it lots of fun with part of the fun coming from creating additional TF related rules for the game and also explaining to my wife what it is she is buying (eg: Vector Sigma) and what is its significance to TFs. Of course all the artwork that was used for the set is really sleek and nice too.

Anyone played this?

i believe gok has...i was meant to bring 1 to the meet but apparently we just have too much programs in hand

Ive bought it, but I honestly havent played Monopoly ever. Ive observed my aunties/uncles before when I was young playing the original board game ( of course I couldnt understand any of the rules - I was around 5yrs old). I would like to play this one time, but during meet-ups here in Sydney it tends to end up into loooooooongg, exhausting walks in,around and all over the city. I would imagine that the game would take a lot of time spent though so it wouldnt be a priority during large meet-ups. prolly for smaller meet-ups where you just tend to "hang-out".
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

yeah, i agree. I don't think it will be a priority during meet-ups. I think its something fun to do over a quiet weekend at home with some friends visiting. It's just a lot more interesting than standard Monopoly because there are factions involved.

For example, some rules we made up includes:
    - only Autobots are allowed trade properties with Autobots (and Deceps with Deceps);
    - if 2 characters from opposing factions land on the same square, they fight. Each will roll 2 die and the one with the lower number will pay to the one with the higher number the difference in value times 10. (eg: Megatron rolls 5, Prime rolls 9, then Megatron pays Prime $40 being [(9-4) x 10])...

... and more...

Yeah I play it - no house rules though. Played it a couple of times over the last week, heh.

Making Monopoly out of G1 doesn't make much sense to me, primarily because the Decepticons would be less likely to pay rent than to simply blow the place up.

nice! Did you like it?

I'm thinking of adding another layer of rules based on factions. Say if an Autobot owns an Autobot property like 'The Ark' or 'Decagon', then double rent may be charged when a Decepticon lands on it. Autobots pay standard rent.

Hmmm... I just see lots of opportunities to do really fun things with TF Monopoly which improves on the staleness of standard Monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    nice! Did you like it?

I'm thinking of adding another layer of rules based on factions. Say if an Autobot owns an Autobot property like 'The Ark' or 'Decagon', then double rent may be charged when a Decepticon lands on it. Autobots pay standard rent.

Hmmm... I just see lots of opportunities to do really fun things with TF Monopoly which improves on the staleness of standard Monopoly.
    HD..in that case, won't players tend to choose an Autobot character then? there must also be perks for being a Decepticon too in exchange for that rule above

Thanks for pointing that out! It should apply equally to Decepticons.

So the rule will continue "If a Decepticon owns a Decepticon property like 'The Nemesis' or 'The Smelting Pools' then double rent may be charged when a Autobot lands on it. Decepticons pay standard rent. Only standard rent may be charged for 'neutral' properties like 'Earth', 'Cybertron', 'Vector Sigma' or 'Transwarp Drive'."

Your point just inspired another rule (or guideline) - 'As far as practicable, each game should consist of an equal number of Autobot and Decepticon players.'

haha.... sounds good so far.

[edit] how about if there's an odd number of players e.g. 3..then all should only choose 1 side of the fraction to play with? unsure if this will work out as i've not opened the TF Monopoly game before.