Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How not to break your City Commander

Default How not to break your City Commander

The build quality, paint job and QC of this is exceptional. However, there've been reports of the neck ball joint on a few kits to be a little stiff and tight. If you find the neck ball joint to be very tight and cannot (1) turn or (2) move up or down, DO NOT force it. It can break! However, this can be fixed very easily. If you find you can turn the neck ball joint freely, then you can ignore this guide. Otherwise, please follow this simple little fix:

You should actually pull the head off first. (Do it gently.)

The problem is most probably due to the red ball joint being pushed in too deep during assembly in factory. The pulling out of the head alone would already help to pull the red ball joint back into its proper position. Now you can try using a little force gently bit by bit to move the end around (like a joystick) to loosen it up. This should solve the problem.

Thanks for the heads up Kyle hehehhe. A forumer in TFPH who lives in Singapore already posted his on TFPH, man it looks soooo sweet. He didnt report any faults. So I guess his toy's head is not stiff. Cant wait to get my hands on this kit.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thank you heaps for this, Kyle! I thought I remembered this from somewhere and was trying to figure why my bad boy can't look up or down very much! The fix helped him to look down very easily now.

Could I ask what angle his head can look up to? The most I can get is about 10 degrees to the horizontal/direct in front. I want to push it up more but fear I might break this piece of art!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Thank you heaps for this, Kyle! I thought I remembered this from somewhere and was trying to figure why my bad boy can't look up or down very much! The fix helped him to look down very easily now.

Could I ask what angle his head can look up to? The most I can get is about 10 degrees to the horizontal/direct in front. I want to push it up more but fear I might break this piece of art!

+1 my dude cant look up either

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nooooooooo!!!!!! I'm too late!

I just assumed it wasn't a ball joint and only rotated it. When I pulled it off, I saw the stress marks. I tried to gently pull the ball joint out further, but the tiniest pull gave me a hairline fracture, so I stopped.

Kyle, any chance of Fans Project offering a part replacement service? I'm happy to pay.

drat.......

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    +1 my dude cant look up either
    Mine can't look up either. I should mention this to FansProject.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post

I just assumed it wasn't a ball joint and only rotated it. When I pulled it off, I saw the stress marks. I tried to gently pull the ball joint out further, but the tiniest pull gave me a hairline fracture, so I stopped.

Kyle, any chance of Fans Project offering a part replacement service? I'm happy to pay.
    I think a part replacement service is a very good idea. I'll check with my friends and see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post

That's not good at all.

*Runs if the klutz in me didn't do the same thing and not notice* Phew. Lucky me.

My question too is how can replace just the red part? I don't think you can pull it out of the head, right?
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

That's not good at all.

*Runs if the klutz in me didn't do the same thing and not notice* Phew. Lucky me.

My question too is how can replace just the red part? I don't think you can pull it out of the head, right?
    It's actually possible to pull out the red part (if you do it VERY carefully). I did once with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It's actually possible to pull out the red part (if you do it VERY carefully). I did once with mine.
    Me STL too much much wimp to try!