View Poll Results: How did you rate this episode?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Outstanding

6 37.50%
  • 4 - Great

5 31.25%
  • 3 - Good

3 18.75%
  • 2 - Ok

2 12.50%
  • 1 - Crap

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode Review - 110 Transformers Prime - Deus Ex Machina

Default Episode Review - 110 Transformers Prime - Deus Ex Machina

Part 1
    Part 2

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. IMO probably the best episode so far.

• Great battles
    • breakdown and knock out
    • good story
    • new decepticons didn't die
    • I love lord starscream.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet
    I hate talking to machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream
    It's harvest time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet
    Lunkhead. I needed that
    Last edited by KaRNiV8L PRiME; 12th March 2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Hmmm. I don't think I was paying that much attention. Just a another ho-hum Prime ep.

Good to see a better episode than the last few. This was actually pretty enjoyable and the addition of the two Decepticons added much needed personality to the Con side.

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Part 1
    Part 2

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. IMO probably the best episode so far.

• Great battles
    • breakdown and knock out
    • good story
    • new decepticons didn't die
    • I love lord starscream.
    I would have to agree with your assessment, we finally got new Decepticons who were cool, kicked ass AND survived, I'm in shock!

I can easily see this duo becoming some of my favourite characters if they stick around for a bit, they make a good pair, Knockout the brains and Breakdown the brawn. Knockout seems to have been really well received by the fandom considering he practically came out of the blue, but I really liked Breakdown even though he didn't have that much dialogue. His colours were a nice G1 tribute and finally it looks like the Cons got a strongman who ain't afraid to get his hands dirty, his alt mode rocked too, very Mad Max-esque.

i really dont like how prime talks, so tryhardish to be wise??? i like the breakdown resemblance to the G1 character, like the face colour

Quote Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
    I would have to agree with your assessment, we finally got new Decepticons who were cool, kicked ass AND survived, I'm in shock!

I can easily see this duo becoming some of my favourite characters if they stick around for a bit, they make a good pair, Knockout the brains and Breakdown the brawn. Knockout seems to have been really well received by the fandom considering he practically came out of the blue, but I really liked Breakdown even though he didn't have that much dialogue. His colours were a nice G1 tribute and finally it looks like the Cons got a strongman who ain't afraid to get his hands dirty, his alt mode rocked too, very Mad Max-esque.
    Knockout seems to have more personality than the entire cast so far.

I think I've figured out why I dislike Transformers Prime - Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. Aside from the Star Trek movie, everything they touch turns to shit. For this very reason I have high hopes for DOTM.

I guess you can conclude what I thought of this episode without me going into further detail.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I thought the episode was really badly written which has become the norm but the designs translating into toys fascinate me.

I really dug Knockout. A nice vain Decepticone. The contempt that Starscream showed to a fellow decepticon because he chose a car mode was interesting.

I notice that Bulkhead is by far the most characterised Autobot. Makes a nice change from Bumblebee.

Enjoyable episode.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I think I've figured out why I dislike Transformers Prime - Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. Aside from the Star Trek movie, everything they touch turns to shit. For this very reason I have high hopes for DOTM.
    Generally speaking, I agree with you. Their writing is usually very flat and uninspired. They seem to lack creative vision or drive and appear to just write what they think would please the audience or their masters.

As a result, Transformers Prime has largely fallen flat for me as technically it's not bad but it is pretty 'meh' as in nothing special. Kind of like somebody who is just there to do his job, get paid and go home, that's it.

Despite what they say, they also seem to have a very passing understanding of Transformers kind of like when you meet somebody and they say 'Yeah I used to love Transformers when I was a kid, do you remember the tape guy?' This to me explains why Orci's Prime completely lacks personality and is just a classic quote vending machine who speaks slowly as if he is reading a speech.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode but I am under no illusion that this will be the norm as like many things that Orci and Kurtzman do, it's always hit & miss with the latter being more common.