View Poll Results: TF Prime Dlx Autobot Ratchet - Worth buying!

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 66.67%
  • Only if....

4 33.33%
  • No.

0 0%
  • Not interested.

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Prime Deluxe Autobot Ratchet

That looks a lot better, VERT! And it's what Hasbro should've done in the first place. We're paying Deluxe prices for this toy... give us value for our money! If they wanna skimp out on paints and leave it consumers to "DIY" the rest, then make the toys cheaper. But instead they give us less paint apps and charge us the same price.

And of course, hobby paints aren't cheap - then you gotta buy brushes, sealants etc. If you're a regular hobby painter, then it might be cost-effective, but if you're not, then you've effectively spent a lot more money and time doing Hasbro's job for them. Custom painting a toy to make a new character is one thing... having to paint a toy because it looks unfinished is aggravating to say the least. Imagine if someone bought this toy for $25 and decided to "finish" the paint job. Now they have to purchase:
    + x1 red hobby paint
    + x1 hobby brush
    ...how much is that gonna cost? Maybe an extra $10-15? (depending on the kind/brand of paint or brush) -- so in total they've spent $35-40 on their Deluxe Ratchet! And that's not even including purchasing yellow, orange and silver paints to do a similar job that you've done, or a purity seal to protect the paint job! All told one could purchase a Voyager Class with all that money spent on purchasing and touching up a single Deluxe Class toy!

IMO Hasbro needs to make these toys better, or make them cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    IMO Hasbro needs to make these toys better, or make them cheaper.
    QFT!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Decepticon Guest

I like my Ratchet as is. Clean and pure as from the factory.

Finally found Ratchet for under $25. He is, like all Prime toys tiny; however, he has an easy and different transformation and two strong modes, some fun weapons and lovely light piping.

I only bought the toy as I love Ratchet, but was pleasantly surprised by the solid bulk invests and obvious character the figure possesses. He'll fit in very nicely with the classics as a stand in until I can find a reasonably priced universe Ratchet to take its stead.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I really love his robot mode. I find you can pose him in some decent stances. Which is why I ended up getting him a couple of months back. After seeing some random photos on the internet of him.

As for the ambulance mode, not a giant fan. But I compare that to my likes with the robot mode, which is just far greater.

End run, well worth the $23.75 I spent to get him just for the robot mode.