Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Inferno colour pics & accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
    all very exciting... but first thing that comes to mind is, is he scale accurate with the others.

This guy is a fire truck!! surely cant be small!!
    Scale accurate in robot mode, but not in vehicle mode. You're right, if the vehicle mode were scale-accurate then this toy would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Scale accurate in robot mode, but not in vehicle mode. You're right, if the vehicle mode were scale-accurate then this toy would be huge.
    then that now throws the scale out from mp10.... meh.... i thought that was one of the things they wanted to make consistent with the new MPs....

If his vehicle mode was bigger than Ironhide, but smaller than Optimus, I'd be happy.

But yeah, scale is definitely not something to get pedantic about.

then that now throws the scale out from mp10.... meh.... i thought that was one of the things they wanted to make consistent with the new MPs....
    It is as Goki said, the scale is based on robot mode... How many people actually pose their MPs in vehicle mode? Out of all my MPs EVA Convoy and Hasbro Soundwave are displayed this way.

All MPs since MP-10 are based off robot-mode scale. Alt-mode scale would be stupid as the Seekers would be way bigger than everyone else.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Starsaber should be the winner lol

And soundwave should be smallest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Proportionately speaking, more Decepticons have been done as MPs than Autobots. Let's look at all the toy-characters from 1984-85 who also appeared in the G1 cartoon (so we're excluding characters like the Jumpstarters, Deluxe Insecticons etc.). And we'll including characters that we know are coming soon as MPs; i.e. Inferno and Thrust.

Autobots = 13/39* or 33% have been done as MPs
    Decepticons = 13/25** or 52% have been done as MPs
    Interesting way to skew statistics

If you look at the list you will notice that of the 13 Decepticons, 5 of them use almost the exact same mold. This would put unique figures down to 9. If you categorise cassettes as 1 unique figure (I know they are different but the engineering and size for them pales in comparison to the large bots) then have 5 unique figures. That is not much when you look at the remaining decepticons which (bar Dirge) would likely all be unique figures.

Then look at the Autobots. Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen are one unique mold. Ironhide and Ratchet are one. Red Alert and Sideswipe another one. Every other autobot is unique so that is 9 unique figures.

Therefore 5 unique molds to Decepticons and 9 unique molds to Autobots. Almost double the amount in favour of Autobots. That doesn't even get into the proportion of mold uses to total MPs which would really blow things out with the seekers.

All I am saying is some unique mold Decepticon love would not go astray.

For as second I forgot this was the MP Inferno thread

Lets either take this to another thread or start talking about MP Inferno again.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    For as second I forgot this was the MP Inferno thread

Lets either take this to another thread or start talking about MP Inferno again.
    How about we take Inferno to a whole new thread, with blackjack and hookers

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    How about we take Inferno to a whole new thread, with blackjack and hookers
    Sounds like something to do on a slow Tuesday