Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which non-vehicular thing that has never been done as a TF would you like to see?

Default Which non-vehicular thing that has never been done as a TF would you like to see?

In the same spirit as BigTransformersTrev's Which vehicle that has never been a TF would you like to see? thread, only that this is for all things that are NOT a vehicle -- so it can be animals, plants, machines (that aren't vehicles) etc.

ANIMALS

The great thing about early Beast Wars and Beast Wars Neo was that it gave us a whole lot of realistic looking animal modes, especially a lot of new and unique animal modes that we'd never seen before -- archaeopteryx, ankylosaurus, dimetrodon, ammonite, rabbit, horse, giraffe, woolly mammoth, quetzacoatlus, cobra, cicada et al. But there's still so much that hasn't been done! Here are some beast modes I'd love to see being done:

More Marsupials

Paulbot's signature says it all -- good ol' Star Upper, the Kangaroo TF from Beast Wars II/Neo who only appeared in the manga and briefly (like blink and you'd miss him) in the cartoon. One of our most iconic animals needs a Transformer! Especially when the robot mode design already exists too. There was also a Koala in that same scene in the cartoon with Star Upper... he needs to become a TF too! And I'd also like to see a proper Tasmanian Devil, because the BW Snarl mould is just some generic marsupial creature that really doesn't look like a Tassie Devil.

Cetaceans

Whales, dolphins and porpoises -- we've NEVER had a full cetacean moded Transformer, only half cetaceans (Torca and Elphaorpha who transform into a half killer whale, half elephant creature) and Orcanoch, the Microverse playset that transforms into a killer whale (but isn't a proper TF action figure itself). The blue whale is the biggest animal that's ever lived on Earth - larger than any dinosaur... surely it deserves a toy!

More Domestic Animals

Again much like the whole "Robots In Disguise," I'd love to see more animals that wouldn't draw undue attention if seen among humans. That's what I love about Transformers like K-9 (Alsatian), Stampy (rabbit), Mach Kick (horse), Rattrap (rat) etc. --- exotic animals like gorillas, cheetahs, elephants, giraffes, snakes, dinosaurs (!), crocodiles, falcons, tigers, sharks etc. would definitely draw a lot of attention if they were seen anywhere near a human settlement unless they were in captivity (which would then limit their ability to freely move among humans)!

As I said in the other thread, I love seeing just regular vehicles because of that feeling where you go out and any vehicle you see could potentially be a robot in disguise. I like to have a similar feeling for animals too... like seeing a German Shepherd walking down the street and imagining him transforming into a robot like K-9, or someone's pet rabbit transforming like Stampy etc. So some of my top picks for 'ordinary' domestic animals would include:
    + Chicken - it's the only animal on the Lunar Calendar that doesn't have a Transformer! (Year of the Cow can also be Year of the Ox, and we have oxen and bison)
    + Cat - a regular housecat. We've only ever had felines that roar, never one that meows. Think of all the lolcat and grumpycat action poses we could make!!! And some 3rd party company could make a cheezburger shaped Energon cube that fits in its hand or mouth.
    + Cow
    + Monkey - we have lots of apes, and the only monkey we had was Optimus Minor who's a really bad generic looking kind of monkey (you can't even tell if it's meant to be an Old or New World Monkey, it's that freakin' vague ).
    + Chimpanzee - the closest genetic relative to humans and we've never had a Chimpformer (most apes have been gorillas, and we've had baboons and a half mandrill). A Common-Chimpanzee TF could also be easily retooled as a Bonobo too (another kind of chimp and extremely intelligent/sapient)
    + Duck - make it a female TF who practices dark magic (or at least, others suspect her of it).
    + Bee - not a wasp or hornet, just a bee. Call him Bumblebee; then FINALLY a _new_ reuse of that name!
    + Dog - not an Alsatian, but a breed commonly used as trackers, such as a Collie, Retriever, Doberman or Bloodhound... then call him HOUND! Function: Scout. The alt mode suits the name and function and homages the original namesake.
    + Goldfish - could also be retooled as a carp/koi
    + Human - yeah, controversial I know... but if Transformers can scan _anything_ and transform into it, including animals, why not humans? In the IDWverse we saw how the Decepticons were able to infiltrate the higher levels of human governments by using facsimiles, and in G.I. Joe we saw Zartan assume the role of the President -- so imagine if Transformers could do the same thing by planting agents that assumed the guise of actual humans! We saw how Alice was able to get real close to Sam and nearly kill him with her alt mode. The G1 Pretenders were originally intended to transform into humans - that was Hasbro's suggestion, but Takara felt that they couldn't engineer it properly at the time, so recommended making them transform into regular vehicles that fit inside shells instead. But I reckon with today's design/engineering and technology, it could certainly be possible. Legal issues may make it difficult for Hasbro to use the likenesses of real life politicians/celebrities, but you could easily have generic looking politicians, military officers, police officers, fire fighters, rescue workers etc. -- the Decepticons could transform into figures of high authority (like a Senator, military officer or police commissioner), while the Autobots could transform into "heroes" like a police officer, ambulance officer, fire fighter, or just ordinary civilian.

PLANTS

Yeah alright, this would probably suck as a toy concept... but I just want a Generations Botanica toy, damnit!

MACHINES (that aren't vehicles)

+ Traffic light - give us Generations Signal Lancer!
    + Public telephone box - then get licensing rights from the BBC and give us a TARDIS TF! (if not, many fans can still customise it from a generic looking fully enclosed phone booth!) -- if they make it blue then Reprolabels could easily release a TARDIS set of stickers. Some 3rd party could make the light that goes on top, then $50 later - presto!
    + Laptop computer - yes, please give us Brains from DOTM.
    + Desktop computer - I'm surprised we haven't had one yet
    + Flatscreen TV - seriously, they should've made versions of DOTM Laserbeak in all various things he transformed into (well, maybe not a pink Bumblebee ).
    + Printer - as above
    + game console - we've had a controller and portable game machine, but I mean a plug in console like a "Y-Box" or "PreyStation" *cough*
    + DVD/Blu Ray player
    + Household telephone
    + Microwave oven
    + Dishwasher
    + Fridge
    + Washing machine
    + Stove
    + Pocket calculator
    + Android/smart phone
    + Digital tablet
    + Vacuum cleaner
    + Petrol pump - we've had a service station playset, but I mean an individual pump unit
    + Vending machine - Generations Dispensor FTW!

Cos that was one cool thing about the original G1 Micro-Change Transformers (e.g. Soundwave, Cassettes, Blaster, Megatron, Reflector) and the "Real Change Robots" that came out with the first live action film, and also movie Frenzy (and some of the other moviebots) -- the idea that ANY object in our lives could be a robot in disguise!

I'd like to see something like Cnidarian or something similar (Sea Jellies and the like) That would be quite hard to engineer without being a shellformer, I imagine.

Now this is getting silly. Plants and animals as Transformers. Tut, tut!

yeah something different for a n altmode would be nice. A man-o-war, a crown of thorns, Platypus, oh and a Koala!!( make it cute and cuddly but the bot mode and bio says it's an insane ravenous killer luring it's enemies with it's cuteness then it moves in for the kill!).

We need more bird formers as well. let see now we got an eagle (G1 Divebomb, Skywarp/ Silverbolt) Owl ( Prowl, that mutant fella), Hawk (Airazor, En. Divebomb, G1 Squawktalk) Penguin ( dunno it jap name) Generic buzzard type predator bird (Doubledealer, Lazerbeak/Buzzsaw) anybody else?

Id like to see a proper Buzzard, A pelican ( they can name it Pouches hehehe), A peacock, and a Birds of Paradise or Lyrebird, an Emu or an Ostrich and a proper parrot, make it a cockatoo for that big colourful crest!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Now this is getting silly. Plants and animals as Transformers. Tut, tut!
    This thread isn't meant to be about bashing up on non-vehicular alt modes. If you really wanna debate that, kindly do it on another thread (or make your own) rather than derailing this one. Getting back on topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I'd like to see something like Cnidarian or something similar (Sea Jellies and the like) That would be quite hard to engineer without being a shellformer, I imagine.
    A Portuguese Man O' War would be awesome! It would mostly likely be shellformerish, but some shellformers can be done well - like Beast Wars Dead End. I'd also like to see an Octopus TF. We've had squids and an octopus vehicle/playset (Takotank), but no actual octopus mode Transformer. Considering that cephalopods are regarded as the most intelligent invertebrates on Earth, I think the octopus deserves to be done as a Transformer. I'd like to see some of the tentacles detach and become different kinds of weapons or tools.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    yeah something different for a n altmode would be nice. A man-o-war, a crown of thorns, Platypus, oh and a Koala!!( make it cute and cuddly but the bot mode and bio says it's an insane ravenous killer luring it's enemies with it's cuteness then it moves in for the kill!).
    You're a sick puppy.
    I like the idea of a platypus -- an echidna would be kewl too.

We need more bird formers as well. let see now we got an eagle (G1 Divebomb, Skywarp/ Silverbolt) Owl ( Prowl, that mutant fella), Hawk (Airazor, En. Divebomb, G1 Squawktalk) Penguin ( dunno it jap name) Generic buzzard type predator bird (Doubledealer, Lazerbeak/Buzzsaw) anybody else?

Id like to see a proper Buzzard, A pelican ( they can name it Pouches hehehe), A peacock, and a Birds of Paradise or Lyrebird, an Emu or an Ostrich and a proper parrot, make it a cockatoo for that big colourful crest!!
    The Penguin was called Break. I'd like to see more birds too - especially ones that aren't birds of prey. And Ibis would be neat -- especially if the beast head was somehow incorporated into the robot head, and the robot parts could have some Egyptian-Pharaoh theme to it... then the tech specs could describe how he's incredibly old and influenced ancient societies on Earth.

I have my preferences, but I'd like to see some further & proper attempts at Bestial Transformers - Fantasy based creatures are fine but I'd love to see a return to the more varied types of contemporary & pre-historic animals seen in Beast Wars, II & Neo.

With the engineering standards of today, we could see some rather amazingly articulate Bot & Alt modes that could reference characters of generations past (Preferred), or brand new characters too - Just so long there isn't any stupid, compromising & unecessary gimmicks forced on them simply to cater to the whims of a North American retail giant.

yeah something different for a n altmode would be nice. A man-o-war, a crown of thorns, Platypus, oh and a Koala!!( make it cute and cuddly but the bot mode and bio says it's an insane ravenous killer luring it's enemies with it's cuteness then it moves in for the kill!)
    STAR-UPPER!!!

I know we have a thread for mythical altmodes TF we would like to see somewhere but Im lazy to look for it.

Mythical creatures/Cryptids Id like to see in TFs are a) Hydra b) Serpentine Dragon ( kinda like the Asian style dragons c) Griffin/Gryphon d) Chupacabra

Oh and for additional for normal animals - A butterfly or giant moth - think Mothra of Godzilla With deadly slicer wings - pretty and deadly at the same time

Hursty - Star Upper is a Kangaroo. I wanted a Koala - yo know that gray furball with a large black nose, stinks of Eucalyptus and sleeps a lot heheheh but has a lot of sharp claws, yaiks....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

+1 on the TARDIS. I'd like it to transform into vector sigma too. Oh and MUST have a bow tie. Because bow ties are cool. Even grimlock knows that.

With the birds of prey idea, I nominate the Condor. Huge wingpsan, about 2.5 metres. For a non bird of prey, a hummingbird? Those little wings flapping so fast, a sonic screeech?
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot