Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Legacy United Reveals.

Time to get out my wallet again...
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Cool that Origin Bumblebee can fit inside Wheeljack. He's going to be wide though - Bee can only just fit inside SS86 Magnus's trailer and only at an angle. Wheeljack's backpack is huge, but I guess that's the price for enclosing Bee.

Meanwhile, Wreck-Gar is looking at Tidal Wave and getting jealous, lolz.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not as wide as it might seem at first. In order to fit Bumblebee in there, you have to mis-transform Bumblebee (by flipping the wing-tips up onto the top of the alt-mode).

Didn't notice at first that it was a Voyager toy. The incorporation of all the MTMTE gimmicks, including the blast shield and blades, is nice but the vehicle mode isn't as clean as I'd expect. A few years ago I never would have expected to see this as an actual Hasbro toy but it's very fitting for the anniversary.

Tidal Wave looks great, and I think he'd make a great counterpart for Omega.

Three more Generations/Legacy figures for 2024 were revealed. A Marvel comic-deco repaint of Leader Grimlock with a crown. A Marvel comic-deco repaint of Leader Shockwave with an Optimus Prime head and stand. And a brand new Leader class Sandstorm.

I like the comic repaints. But I'll probably only get the Shockwave as I can pass Shockwave off as a more G1 cartoon-accurate deco because of the shade of purple. And it will be great to finally have a decent Sandstorm. The last Sandstorm was an ok-but-still-lazy remould of IDW Springer.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ockwave/48044/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The Comic Grimlock also comes with three swords for the currently released Dinobots.

I'd like Shockwave more with out the inking/shading, I was hoping we'd get that colour as a SS86 toy.

I like seeing the Grimlock comic colours, and the missing swords are a nice touch, but still no G2 version of that toy? And he's more expensive for those swords too.

Sandstorm is disappointing, for a line that's been doing cartoon accurate toys to give him the toy face is just a weird choice I don't understand. And the thin feet look plain terrible in buggy mode and robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    The Comic Grimlock also comes with three swords for the currently released Dinobots.
    I'm half considering buying it for the swrods and crown, I am far too deep into this hobby i think

Heh, what a coincidence. I just read the 5th Marvel US comic that features Shockwave and the decapitated Prime, "The New Order" (I've been going through the mini comics that come with the World's Smallest figures - the first six Marvel issues.)

Those 40th anniversary commemorative boxes look nice and I like the decapitated head accessory, but I'll give these a miss.

Sandstorm is a buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I like seeing the Grimlock comic colours, and the missing swords are a nice touch, but still no G2 version of that toy? And he's more expensive for those swords too.
    There is a G2 version that came out last year. But I'm guessing you're thinking of a different G2 repaint as Grimlock had a couple of G2 repaints back in the 90's.