Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 90100105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1175

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Put this in the rumour category for the moment. But it looks like Takara Tomy are releasing a new G1 Optimus mould. Think Optimus's G1 toy with modern articulation.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...-coming/47836/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Think Optimus's G1 toy with modern articulation.
    So, this is to Transformers what the MOTU Origins line is to classic MOTU. I was just wondering the other day about this concept but dismissed it as being unlikely to eventuate because we are already saturated with G1 fan focused lines in the form of MP, SS86, and occasional G1 reissues.

I have so many questions. Are these two OP's one-off TF 2024 40th anniversary releases? Do they have diecast, like the originals? Will they be packaged like Encores in vintage style boxes?
    All i can think of is Sunstreaker and Sideswipe in this line.

I'm genuinely more interested in this kind of thing than the Nth iteration of increasingly more Sunbow accurate Generations figures.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    So, this is to Transformers what the MOTU Origins line is to classic MOTU. I was just wondering the other day about this concept but dismissed it as being unlikely to eventuate because we are already saturated with G1 fan focused lines in the form of MP, SS86, and occasional G1 reissues.

I have so many questions. Are these two OP's one-off TF 2024 40th anniversary releases? Do they have diecast, like the originals? Will they be packaged like Encores in vintage style boxes?
    Yeah, to be honest I feel that this idea of "articulated G1" is a couple of decades too late, but I'm sure many fans will still welcome it (myself included).

I too hope that since they are going to the effort of tooling in articulation (and these may well be entirely new moulds altogether) they can fork out the budget to rebuild Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Mirage and other G1 toys that haven't been given a run in a long time.

If HasTak are listening, I'd totally love a set of the 1984 minibots including Bumper. Do it! Doooooo it!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Well technically Masterpiece was supposed to be a one off with the 20th anniversary prime but with how well it was received we know what happened there. Perhaps this is a one off 40th anniversary and we wait and see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah, to be honest I feel that this idea of "articulated G1" is a couple of decades too late, but I'm sure many fans will still welcome it (myself included).

I too hope that since they are going to the effort of tooling in articulation (and these may well be entirely new moulds altogether) they can fork out the budget to rebuild Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Mirage and other G1 toys that haven't been given a run in a long time.

If HasTak are listening, I'd totally love a set of the 1984 minibots including Bumper. Do it! Doooooo it!
    I reckon there are a lot of original figures that this wouldn't work with.

Prime, Soundwave, Perceptor, characters with physically separate arms and legs should be doable. However I reckon a lot of the cars are out, the seekers are out, a bunch of the minibots are out... constructicons out... Don't want to sound negative but yeah, I struggle to see how many they get through.

If they are spending the money though, how about they rescan/do whatever to rebuild the moulds of Wheeljack, Mirage, Shockwave and the Dinobots...

I really wish they’d do Dinobots. G1 Dinobots haven’t aged well with wear and tear play, and chrome peels.

I’d kill for a minty fresh Dinobot Grimlock, and I’d buy many multiples to have years of stress free play.
    I’d be disappointed if it’s painted silver like the Insectifcons, but maybe the trade off is worth it. I know they’d sell like crazy.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I really wish they’d do Dinobots. G1 Dinobots haven’t aged well with wear and tear play, and chrome peels.

I’d kill for a minty fresh Dinobot Grimlock, and I’d buy many multiples to have years of stress free play.
    I’d be disappointed if it’s painted silver like the Insectifcons, but maybe the trade off is worth it. I know they’d sell like crazy.
    This was DrLockdown's idea, which I think is great, but Hasbro could crowd fund reconstructing G1 toys where the original moulds have been lost. The reissues would be dearer than the average price, but I reckon enough collectors would be willing to back it to make it commercially viable.

Upcoming CHUG Legacy and SS waves have been leaked in the usual manner.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/08/18/...rn-more-489324
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This was DrLockdown's idea, which I think is great, but Hasbro could crowd fund reconstructing G1 toys where the original moulds have been lost. The reissues would be dearer than the average price, but I reckon enough collectors would be willing to back it to make it commercially viable.
    Gee that sounds like a winner of an idea. The cost of the mould is one thing, but so too is the issue of finding a retailer space for it. We’d started to see retro G1 with Walmart, and then it sort of faltered. Crowdfunding would be a way to guarantee a return on investment for Hasbro/Takara. I’d love to see it happen.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Rumoured 2024 wave breakdowns
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/08/20/...akdowns-493232
    Legacy

Wave 1: January 2024
    Core Energon Megatron
    Core BW Tasmanian Kid
    Core Bouldercrash
    Deluxe Animated Bumblebee
    Deluxe Rescue Bots Chase
    Deluxe Cyberverse Windblade
    Deluxe Magneous
    Voyager Prime Thundertron