Thread: Transformers RID 2001 20th Anniversary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The toys from this era are really special to me.

Beast Wars made the basic 9 points of articulation (head, shoulders, elbows, hips, knees) standard and I loved, and for years as a child I wanted to see Earthen vehicles done in that style. I always scooped up the dribs and drabs of that we got before RiD (G2 Cyberjets, Machine Wars).

With that in mind, the Car Bros have remained among my favourite figures for decades. Side Burn and X-Brawn are a little bit aged, but Prowl still stands up compared to modern figures.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Without having the space to make a really long post, RID was what started my collecting of Transformers.

I'd had G1 G2 & BW toys, but had passed over Beast Machines. Seeing RID Magnus in Grace Bros (Myer) caught my attention and I wanted to fill the gap I had never had as a kid - even if it didn't look exactly the same. I was then captivated by the new look of Optimus and wanted to know how the fire truck became that figure.

I then was hooked and became someone who bought every figure as they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    With that in mind, the Car Bros have remained among my favourite figures for decades. Side Burn and X-Brawn are a little bit aged, but Prowl still stands up compared to modern figures.
    i love them too, toys and their characters in anime (in japanese) have multiple versions of them.
    Fire Convoy is a great toy but i suppose too fiddly in super mode.