• Pretender lot from FATBOT

2 7.41%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your vote on my acquisition of the year ~~

Default Your vote on my acquisition of the year ~~

It is the last day of the year. Like the years before, I was going to do a "Year in Review" post on my blog (like this one in 2009). This year, I wish to include a new category - The Friends Voted Acquisition of the Year.

I have narrowed down the list of potential 'acquisition of the year' and created a poll. Links are below if you want to see the toy itself. Happy for 'Other' to be suggested if you see something in my blog that is more worthy than those listed in the poll (I suspect only Hursti will be that familiar with the blog! ).

Just to be clear, the vote is for what you think should be my acquisition of the year, hence "Friends Voted Acquisition of the Year".

LINKS (not in order of priority)

C-39: Perceptor MISB
    C-131: Raiden giftset MIB
    C-301: Go-Shuta MIB
    C-303: Minerva/Minelba, unused
    C-308: Doubleclouder MIB
    C-326: Galaxy Shuttle MIB
    Mega Pretender Vroom MIB

Ravage & Rumble (pre-rub) MOSC
    Goodbye Megatron giftset
    D-308: Browning MIB
    D-311: Black Zarak MIB
    D-328: Dinoking giftset MIB

12 standard sized Pretenders as 1 lot
    Pretender lot from FATBOT

PICTURES (click on thumbnails to see more photos)

Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 4th January 2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Updated with pictures with links

I have chosen for my top 5 of your acquisition....
    for me I go for the pretender lot in 1 go as #1 coz as much as it is rare to find Galaxy shuttle (2nd in line)- you had to do something to it to make it minty... too much work for something so expensive whereas the pretender lot may be something you do find every now and then but not in that complete all accessories goodness and ready to enjoy and lots of figures means lots of play!! And knowing your standards these pretenders would be quite minty looking as well, no paint chips on the shells ( most of em suffer from that) nothing broken or missing. Black zarak would be third in my list only as it's hard to find complete, unbroken and expensive as, but yeah after seeing rampagesss make his own, he's lost his charm for me- he can be easily "manufactured" (read:KO'd) now with less the GPS threat hehehe. 4th would be Dinoking giftset. Lastly would be Raiden
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Gee I wonder which I voted for?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

For me Heroic, my choice wasn't based on rarity, obscurity or size but rather sentimentality and the sheer joy that comes from acquiring something that alluded you or you dreamed about as a kid.

I know when I received my G1 Megatron, it was like being a kid again, kinda the way I felt when opening Predaking , it felt so amazing because I'd never seen one as a kid apart from pictures and I had always wanted the 'Boss of the Bad Guys', so when I received him in such insane condition and complete with instructions, sans box and other paperwork, all the way from the USA with no hassles - it was truly a dream come true.

I reckon that is pretty near how you felt when you finally obtained Ravage and Rumble (Pre-Rub) MOSC, as I know you came very near to getting them as a kid but were denied them for many years and that is why I feel that those 2 little guys are so deserving of your Friends voted Acquisition of the Year.

oops didnt read it proberly, i meant to put Goodbye Megatron instead of Raiden, the Mint-in-Box Gods smile favorably upon you HD
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

An easy vote - Goodbye Megatron giftset

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    (I suspect only Hursti will be that familiar with the blog! ).
    Hey! I have your blog bookmarked
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

strange, I have done a Poll for this but I can't seem to see the results....

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I have chosen for my top 5 of your acquisition....
    for me I go for the pretender lot in 1 go as #1 coz as much as it is rare to find Galaxy shuttle (2nd in line)- you had to do something to it to make it minty... too much work for something so expensive whereas the pretender lot may be something you do find every now and then but not in that complete all accessories goodness and ready to enjoy and lots of figures means lots of play!! And knowing your standards these pretenders would be quite minty looking as well, no paint chips on the shells ( most of em suffer from that) nothing broken or missing. Black zarak would be third in my list only as it's hard to find complete, unbroken and expensive as, but yeah after seeing rampagesss make his own, he's lost his charm for me- he can be easily "manufactured" (read:KO'd) now with less the GPS threat hehehe. 4th would be Dinoking giftset. Lastly would be Raiden
    I like the reasoning you have behind your choices!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Gee I wonder which I voted for?
    Which one? heh.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yessir! You would have seen the barrage of new posts yesterday then...

PS: I have updated the link for Ravage & Rumble in the first post. The entry and write up can be seen here.
    Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 31st December 2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: links

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    (I suspect only Hursti will be that familiar with the blog! )
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have indeed read quite a bit of it and it's a thoroughly good read - you do excellent write-ups Heroic and the photos are exceptional, truly good reference pics that's for sure , mind you I only figured out how to post comments a couple of weeks ago though.

I don't know much about vintage pieces and I don't think I can truly appreciate how rare these items are having only started the journey of TFs. I won't vote due to my lacking in this department.

But hypothetically, IMO it has to be ravage/rumble or perceptor- and my thinking is that it is just rare to find MISB/MOSC of vintage stuff (assuming). I think those 2 items give me the most awe when I looked over them, considering their age, the fact they are sealed and the box/card is so pristine.

Also taking into account your personal story regarding the ravage/rumble- I think that's the pick I would go for.

I voted for Minelba/Shuta together. Individually rare pieces & centrepiece characters of perhaps the best G1 Transformers cartoon.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister