View Poll Results: How do you play with your Transformers?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasy play

11 8.09%
  • Fiddle play

97 71.32%
  • Don't play

24 17.65%
  • Other (please specify)

4 2.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you play with your Transformer toys?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do you play with your Transformer toys?

For the purposes of this poll we have:

+ Fantasy play: That's when you get down with your toys and live out adventures. You may even do voices and make sound effects (pew pew pew!)

+ Fiddle play: This is where you just occasionally pick the toy up, have a fiddle, transform it a few times. You may even make action poses or photocomics etc., but there is little (if any) actual creative fantasy play involved.

+ Don't play: You very rarely (if ever) play with your toys anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to also discuss your thoughts about playing with toys.

I have always enjoyed playing with my Transformer toys and I still try to play with them whenever I can get the chance (which unfortunately isn't nearly as often as I'd like). If I only have a little bit of time I might just fiddle with a toy, transform it back and forth - but when I do have the time I'll get down and make the sound effects (pew pew pew), voices, stories etc.

For me it's a form of escapism; much like watching movies, reading books etc., only that it offers more active imagination and creativity. Watching movies and reading books is a more passive imaginative or creative exercise because you're merely just spectating something that someone else has created, whereas with fantasy play I'm making the story up as I go along. Sure, the basic fiction is already established there for me with the Transformers mythos, so it's not as if I'm being completely original or anything, but I do find it a more active creative exercise because I still have to control the characters, their dialogue and interactions. I have to think of a complication for my protagonists etc etc.; none of which I can do when passively reading a book or watching a film where it's all pre-defined. Also, I very seldomly stay within official continuity when I play with my toys. ;p

i like to fiddle

I fiddle but I also may do voices and sound effects at the same time.

Yeah I'm a fiddler as well.

I guess it's all relevant to the circumstances though. For example, when my nephews are older there is the possibility of more constructive play.

I mostly just transform them a bit, then put them on display.
    Every so often I may take one down and play again, but not like I used to.
    I used to play with old Star Wars figures, made mini mountains out of blankets and pillows underneath them.

I do miss those times, and I dont know if I could ever do it again, or if I have lost my imagination. Really sad to think that.

As much as i do voices and wotnot... nowadays I end up just fiddle playing
    I may take a figure or figures out from the room and keep posing them while watching TV or transform them back and forth while on the net. Like, right now I have Optimal optimus , TM cheetor, TM rattrap and TM rhinox next to me. Putiing them in some poses and imagining/posing them as if how they would be arranged on a shelf of their own. BUt making stories and mock battles with sound/dialogue for me has waned down severely much to my chagrin but with work an other chores and stuff has made it so less than i would prefer... I make up for it at time when I go on leaves where I stay in the room most of the time doing dioramas and battle poses til I get bored and fall asleep
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

My Transformers get transformed once put on display and isn't touch unless I clean out my cabinet or need to repack it to move somewhere else that way it stays stiff. :P I will pose them but after that I just stand there, stare at my cool G1/Universe collection and smile to my self I tend to look at the details on the figures and appreciate the little things that make these figures so cool

I be a fiddler as well.

*That sounds SO wrong*

I fiddle with them but mostly I'm looking for ways to improve them.
    I try and figure out how I could improve articulation, balance, detail, the transformation, and whether any kitbashes are screamin' out at me.

Figures that are nearly perfect, a.k.a Universe Cyclonus, I rarely touch.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I mostly Fiddle play now, just have a couple of Tfs on the coffee table and play whilst watching TV. If I see a slow day at work, and don't have much else planned, I like to take photos of my tfs in dynamic poses/macro shots on details etc etc.

Had a bit of an Action PLay when my Encore Omega Supreme arrived. Animated Autobots had to defend him from an attack from Blacarachnia! I did a few noises but Mrs Convoy looked like she was going to run away. It was her turn to cook dinner, so I thought it wise to stop.

Last time I had a really good play must have been about 5-6 years ago. No-one home, and I had just recovered from pulling my newly arrived RID (Korean version) from his box. Why recovered you ask? SO many damn twist ties! It was a nightmare and at that time, I didn't have any wire clippers. I am pretty certain it took me an hour to get him outta the box along. Once I had him out though.....
    WOW was my first thought. Transformy into base mode and Needlenose had appeared for some socuting. Luckily the Minibots were inside Fort Max having a cup of tea and wondered what the noise was all about. Well things just escalated from there.

Much Pew pew and poor emulations of the laser noise from the cartoon. Along with a bit of chk chkbzzt chk. Although I prefer the Japanese verion of "Ki go ka go" depending on situation and size of robot...

Er right, I think I just proved that I can easily fall to my younger side there, I will be going now to do some adult stuff.... Although I haven't opened my encore cassettes yet....