View Poll Results: How do you play with your Transformers?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasy play

11 8.09%
  • Fiddle play

97 71.32%
  • Don't play

24 17.65%
  • Other (please specify)

4 2.94%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you play with your Transformer toys?

My friends were like that all the way up until Year 9. It was weird... for my entire life up till then, I'd been ridiculed for liking toys; even in 1984 when I was in primary school, other primary schoolers would accuse me of being childish... like HELLO? We _are_ children?!? (-_-) Unfortunately my school was full of kids who pretended to be teenagers. Then in Year 9 a few other boys in my year, whom I never knew were comic or toy collectors, started crawling out of the woodwork. Suddenly I had classmates bringing TMNT toys and playing with them in class! And we'd read comics together in the playground!

But before year 9 it was horrible. When I was in year 7 a boy took my Skalor and scratched the paint off his nose. The same kid also tore up my Slog's tech specs card. Grraaaarrrrggghhhh!!

But by Year 12 I was having religious discussions with classmates; with the conversation entirely revolving around Transformers theology!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But before year 9 it was horrible. When I was in year 7 a boy took my Skalor and scratched the paint off his nose. The same kid also tore up my Slog's tech specs card. Grraaaarrrrggghhhh!!

see highschool was much much worse for me

before i started enjoying transformers i was into things like bionicle, crash bandicoot etc, i was made fun of for all that stuff, i had things stolen from me and was eliminated from so many groups (even the nerdy groups) just because of what i liked, not the person i was. Sigh, then came beast wars, i got into it because i loved the times i had playing beastwars with friends from my old school ( i moved to the blue mountains at the start of highschool), and thats how i got back into transformers lol, ok before i spill anymore energon beans on what happened over the next 2 years, ill stop here so then i can collect myself and play with some more tfs lol

Kuzzy, you'll always be loved for who you are here.

(groug hug!)

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post

(groug hug!)
    Save it for the fair and we'll have a proper group hug
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I understand 100%
    200%

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    200%
    haha this is not an auction
    -=≡OrionPax≡=-

Knights of my untidy study

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    You mean you play with them play with them?
    Yup. That's what toys are for.

Like you play with them with your kids?
    My daughter really isn't old enough for cooperative play yet.

One day I hope that I have kids that will have a FIELD day with my collection.
    My daughter isn't allowed to touch any of my Transformers without my direct permission and supervision except for my PlaySkool and Plush Transformers. One of my former colleagues had an interesting policy with her boys -- never play with a toy that's older than you are.

But playing with them alone, as an adult, seems kinda creepy to me.

And yeah, I KNOW that some would argue that it's creepy to collect them in the first place.
    To me, what's the point of collecting toys if I'm not going to play with them? Just as I collect books to read and food to eat, I collect toys to play.

And it's not as if I made a conscious decision to play with toys as an adult -- I've just never stopped playing with my toys since I was a kid. I started playing with and collecting Transformers in 1984 and I've been continually doing so ever since -- and I have no intention of stopping any time soon.

My play pattern has changed since I first started though -- during the 1980s it was all just action driven ("Let's fight!"); by the 1990s it changed to becoming more story and character driven; by time I was in senior high school I started playing out entire story arc-campaigns that would last weeks, sometimes even months! There was one time when I spent over a year playing out a single campaign (ahh, when I was young and had more free time).

Nowadays it's more or less still the same thing, only that my campaigns are shorter because I don't have as much time as I used to. Depending on how much time I have, I might revert back to just action-packed play campaigns (Michael Bay'd!), but if I have a bit more time, then I'll try to make it more character/story driven. This usually happens when I'm on holidays.

If I ever lost interest in playing with my Transformers, I'd sell 'em. Thankfully that's never happened and I don't imagine it ever will. I've stopped playing with some other toylines (mostly because I have little spare time to play with toys, and whenever I do get the time I almost always choose Transformers) -- and I have sold a lot of those toys that I don't play with anymore. Others I've clung onto, but I'm thinking about selling in the near future. I've never thought about selling off my Transformers collection.

like to fiddle and do the action poses.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

For me, it would have to be 'fiddle play' - every now and then I might reposition the limbs or transform a figure, but for the most part they're kept as static display figures.

I'm a fiddler as well, I like to pick a figure up and play with poses. I like to find an image and try to copy the pose. For example, I tried my best to get my masterpiece Optimus into this pose. I certainly don't get them all out and have an epic battle.

Though I wish I could create a display that illustrated parts of Transformers: The Movie. I'd love to have a couple of Gnaws giving Hot Rod and Kup a hard time. Stuff like that. Too bad I don't even have a single Gnaw, or Kup for that matter.