View Poll Results: How do you play with your Transformers?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasy play

11 8.09%
  • Fiddle play

97 71.32%
  • Don't play

24 17.65%
  • Other (please specify)

4 2.94%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do you play with your Transformer toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm totally collecting quicker. I've about 15 or more purchases from the past 12 months to open at the moment. Will have a big Prime Decepticons opening day eventually. I look at it as "getting what I want while I can" rather than risking after-market prices in the future.
    when you have your epic Prime decepticons opening day, are you going to make a plastic bubble fairy, akin to a snow fairy?
    I have nearly enough plastic bubbles to achieve that myself at the moment.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

One thing that can happen if you open a lot of toys at once is that you may not get to enjoy or appreciate each toy individually as much. This often happens to me when I get a package from Japan, and impatient me goes and opens 'em bang bang bang, and it takes me a much longer time to really appreciate those toys than if I'd spaced them out -- which is what tends to happen with local purchases. It also happens when I get toys that are sold in a single box set, like many of the reissue gestalts.

We never had the G1 gift sets in Australia, and I remember when I first found out that they even existed after interacting with the online community, I initially felt that Australia got gipped by missing out... but after reflecting I think it was somewhat advantageous for us because by collecting say the G1 Constructicons one figure at a time over a span of months (or even years) you get to enjoy each individual toy for their own merit, rather than viewing it as just a "component" of a larger toy. They feel more like 6 Transformers in their own right who happen to combine, rather than 6 components of a 1 Transformer that happen to transform separately. I don't mind 2 packs or versus sets -- I think 2 is a number that's small enough to still let you appreciate the toys individually... but yeah, getting a lot at once can sometimes change the feeling of experiencing these toys as opposed to opening them en masse at once.

^JMHO.

I used to open everyone of my new TF acquisitions and play with them in my bed when I wake up in the morning.
    Now I can't bare to open them. It's a space issue I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One thing that can happen if you open a lot of toys at once is that you may not get to enjoy or appreciate each toy individually as much. This often happens to me when I get a package from Japan, and impatient me goes and opens 'em bang bang bang, and it takes me a much longer time to really appreciate those toys than if I'd spaced them out -- which is what tends to happen with local purchases. It also happens when I get toys that are sold in a single box set, like many of the reissue gestalts.

We never had the G1 gift sets in Australia, and I remember when I first found out that they even existed after interacting with the online community, I initially felt that Australia got gipped by missing out... but after reflecting I think it was somewhat advantageous for us because by collecting say the G1 Constructicons one figure at a time over a span of months (or even years) you get to enjoy each individual toy for their own merit, rather than viewing it as just a "component" of a larger toy. They feel more like 6 Transformers in their own right who happen to combine, rather than 6 components of a 1 Transformer that happen to transform separately. I don't mind 2 packs or versus sets -- I think 2 is a number that's small enough to still let you appreciate the toys individually... but yeah, getting a lot at once can sometimes change the feeling of experiencing these toys as opposed to opening them en masse at once.

^JMHO.
    That's a good point. I found that as well, so now I don't mind not opening any toys if I have too many. I found that I have a set "Toy opening ritual" of sorts that I like to follow and if I have too many at one time, it detracts from various figures.

Since I don't really 'play' with my figs any more, any new ones that I am interested in I leave on the couch and just kind of mess about with at my leisure. Sure the missus gets a bit annoyed when I should be 'watching' a tv show with her, but I am more engrossed my the sculpted detail in a 100mm head... Currently I have the FOC Sideswipe, Jazz and Starscream all hanging around somewhere in the lounger, Prime Vehicon, Thundertron and FOC Kickback sitting on the bedside table.

Transformers are a good alternative for helping me relax before bed if I don't have a good book handy

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Sure the missus gets a bit annoyed when I should be 'watching' a tv show with her
    *sympathetic nod*

There is a time and place for toys. So I'm told.

The time is anytime.
    The place is anyplace.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The time is anytime.
    The place is anyplace.

I have rarely taken a toy out with me, with the rare exception of when i'm super excited about one i've just picked up and then i'll fool around with it in the car park haha
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

If I'm super excited about a toy I've just purchased and I can't wait to go home and open it, I'll find somewhere in the shopping centre to sit down and open it (e.g. food court, cafe, bench etc.) I see no need to be so cloak and dagger about it; TF pride ftw.

I just had lunch w/ the missus at a packed restaurant. I took Voyager TFPFE Optimus Prime with us. He was proudly standing on the table while we ate. 2 weeks ago I was with my family and friends at another restaurant -- I got there first, so while I was sitting there waiting for others to arrive I started playing with FoC Starscream; sound effects, voices etc. This one couple kept staring at me with this heaps dirty look, but I didn't care. This restaurant was big enough that my noises wouldn't have been disturbing their meal -- they just wanted to give me dirty looks. Naturally I care naught for the opinion of Mundaners (toy Muggles/Mud-bloods), so it this sort of thing doesn't bother me in the slightest. I haven't spent all this time and money collecting toys just to only exclusively with them behind closed doors!

I don't fiddle or play, just collect and display.

Quote Originally Posted by transform View Post
    I don't fiddle or play, just collect and display.
    ^ What he said.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]