Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Thought I'd reopen this thread seeing as how I'm in Japan. So far found some cool stuff, and yeah, food, transport and accommodation aren't to bad if you shop around.

I have one toy buying tip though, it pays to roam, so far I fround some awesome TF bargains in the out of the way stores that aren't in a prime location, even saw a ROTF Devestator for around $75 not that I'd want to hall that back.

I even found a store with the Botcon Toys, by which I mean this years Botcon toys. Not cheap though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Thought I'd reopen this thread seeing as how I'm in Japan. So far found some cool stuff, and yeah, food, transport and accommodation aren't to bad if you shop around.

I have one toy buying tip though, it pays to roam, so far I fround some awesome TF bargains in the out of the way stores that aren't in a prime location, even saw a ROTF Devestator for around $75 not that I'd want to hall that back.

I even found a store with the Botcon Toys, by which I mean this years Botcon toys. Not cheap though.
    Cool, I hope your having fun over there, I cant wait till I get over threre so i can roam the back streets of Akiba hunting down Transformers .... as well as you know see the sights, try the food, etc

I guess I have an update for my Japan Trip too, I have now purchased my ticket, i will be flying out on the 17th of December 2010 from Melbourne to Tokyo (via Gold Coast) and will be returning on the 22nd of Janruary 2011 From Osaka to Melbourne (Via Cairns)
    After buying my ticket my savings for Japan have gone down to $2100 and i still need to find hotels and pay for my Rail pass, then i just need to get money for food and spending, wish december would hurry up and come!!

So how expensive are "ordinary" transformers over there? (Eg an Animated Deluxe)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Cool, I hope your having fun over there, I cant wait till I get over threre so i can roam the back streets of Akiba hunting down Transformers .... as well as you know see the sights, try the food, etc

I guess I have an update for my Japan Trip too, I have now purchased my ticket, i will be flying out on the 17th of December 2010 from Melbourne to Tokyo (via Gold Coast) and will be returning on the 22nd of Janruary 2011 From Osaka to Melbourne (Via Cairns)
    After buying my ticket my savings for Japan have gone down to $2100 and i still need to find hotels and pay for my Rail pass, then i just need to get money for food and spending, wish december would hurry up and come!!

So how expensive are "ordinary" transformers over there? (Eg an Animated Deluxe)
    hehehe now you literally will be eating Ramen for weeks while in Japan
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I doubt there's anything there but i might be wrong. There's a Kiddy Land that you can go to at Akihabara. TFs are expensive there but there's other goodies which you might like to grab.

Takara Animated Toys from what I saw at an expensive place around end March 2010; so budget to grab them below those prices unless you're happy to pay for them at that range.

Deluxes - 1980Y to 2400Y/2415Y
    Voyager+Deluxe 2pack - 5985Y
    Voyager - 3780Y
    Deluxe 2pack - 4700Y
    Legend - 1260Y

Lord Zed should post an extensive walkthrough of what/where he's been since he's saying he found cheap finds and what not, would help a lot not just Firestorm here, but those planning sometime to go there.

You mustve gone to the expensive places Icy. I like the beer place you went to though not that I drink beer, but its a curio place for me.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Lord Zed should post an extensive walkthrough of what/where he's been since he's saying he found cheap finds and what not, would help a lot not just Firestorm here, but those planning sometime to go there.

You mustve gone to the expensive places Icy. I like the beer place you went to though not that I drink beer, but its a curio place for me.
    that's a tourist spot that i took down prices for and went to the common shopping area and bought cheaper ones so those prices are the max i'll pay if i have the money or if i want all of the Takara Animated TFs

hehehe now you literally will be eating Ramen for weeks while in Japan
    It's now time to reinstate that old sig of your dude!

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    I doubt there's anything there but i might be wrong. There's a Kiddy Land that you can go to at Akihabara. TFs are expensive there but there's other goodies which you might like to grab.
    There're actually a lot of TFs in the Akihabara area (as I'm sure kurdt_the_goat and jetfire would know this too). I've seen recent release TFs in every second toy or game or manga store that I walked into. I paid very little attention to these though and I did price conversions for 1 or 2 items out of curiousity. I remember the worked out to be more or less the same as AU pre-sale retail prices. However, Jap released stuff will be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    It's now time to reinstate that old sig of your dude!

There're actually a lot of TFs in the Akihabara area (as I'm sure kurdt_the_goat and jetfire would know this too). I've seen recent release TFs in every second toy or game or manga store that I walked into. I paid very little attention to these though and I did price conversions for 1 or 2 items out of curiousity. I remember the worked out to be more or less the same as AU pre-sale retail prices. However, Jap released stuff will be cheaper.

oops... yah my bad. i was thinking about somewhere else!! i.e. Harjuku
    yes, Akihabara has lots!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    oops... yah my bad. i was thinking about somewhere else!! i.e. Harjuku
    yes, Akihabara has lots!!!!!
    Are you sure its not the maids cafes and et al your thinking about Icy?

Are you sure its not the maids cafes and et al your thinking about Icy?
    hahahahaa u saw my photos..what do you think