Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Ok, now that all this talk of Super Toilets and Panty Vending Machines is behind us let's get back onto the actual topic of visitng japan

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I rather liked Hiroshima as a contrast to Tokyo, perhaps because it is a much smaller city it had a more relaxed vibe. You should go to the peace memorial park with the A bomb dome at what was Hirsohima's ground zero, the museum there is a sombering experience but worth it.

It's also right next to the centre of town, where a number of stores selling TF's and other things can be found if you search.

Also Himeji is between Osaka and Hirsohima, and worth a one day look (you probably don't need to stay there though, just drop by on the way up or down).
    Might check that stuff out in Hiroshima while we're there.

for those of you who have been to japan before (particularly in osaka and hiroshima) what hotels did you stay at and could you please review said hotels

Hiroshima was a day trip for me, so can't comment on the hotel.

Osaka, had stayed (mainly) at Flexstay Shinsaibashi. Quiet, clean, loads of eatery around. Near Daimaru. This is more of a retail therapy area.

The other was ANA Osaka (1 night only). Like any 5 star. Had a cheap rate for it.

Hakone, we stay at an excellent onsen. Kyoto was a lovely homestay. Tokyo, we went with a fairly budget accomodation, which was fairly good but the prices was similar to ANA Osaka (maybe slightly lower).

Let me know if you want the latter 3 places.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    Hiroshima was a day trip for me, so can't comment on the hotel.

Osaka, had stayed (mainly) at Flexstay Shinsaibashi. Quiet, clean, loads of eatery around. Near Daimaru. This is more of a retail therapy area.

The other was ANA Osaka (1 night only). Like any 5 star. Had a cheap rate for it.

Hakone, we stay at an excellent onsen. Kyoto was a lovely homestay. Tokyo, we went with a fairly budget accomodation, which was fairly good but the prices was similar to ANA Osaka (maybe slightly lower).

Let me know if you want the latter 3 places.
    Thanks for the info Saintly, we've already found places to stay at in Tokyo, but I'd like to hear a little more about the places you stayed in Osaka

Update on my plans for Japan, i will now be going with 3 friends at the end of the year instead of 1 friend
    my friends consist of
    a glutton
    a perv
    and an otaku
    so i need to come up with ideas that each of us would enjoy and find hotels that have rooms for 4 people (hotel i was looking at for tokyo was 3 people maximum)
    i guess i should provide more info than that
    Friend A: likes gundam, food, Super Sentai, kamen rider, anime, arcades, video games
    Friend B: Likes Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, anime, and some other things i wont mention
    Friend C: Likes Anime, Manga, Video Games, and wants to go to a "Maid Cafe"
    so if anyone knows any places any of my friends might like then please suggest away
    also if you've stayed at any hotels that have rooms for 4 people please review/rate them

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Thanks for the info Saintly, we've already found places to stay at in Tokyo, but I'd like to hear a little more about the places you stayed in Osaka
    Hey Firestorm, sorry that I hadn't replied... took awhile for this thread to resurfaced or find

The ANA Osaka (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/osaja). I can't really comment on the area as I didn't do much exploring (just wanted to sleep after 13hrs of flight and transit, the next morning we left for Tokyo). But the rooms, well.. it's 5 star, great views of the river.

Flexstay Shinsaibashi -> http://www.wmt-osaka.com/shinsaibashi/
    The entry is up a flight (5 to 7 steps) of stairs, through the nightguard door then in the lift to reception. You would use the same lift to go up to the room floors. The reception area is like a clinic! as in spotlessly clean! The rooms, are also clean but had some cigarette residue smell. I noticed that they did try their best to get rid of the smell by putting air fresheners in the room. 1 of the 2 rooms we had, was dimly lit and was not sure if they could do anything about it.

In terms of going with 4 people, email (if available) the accomodation places to see what they have for 4 people, checkin/checkout dates as some places don't actually include it in their online reservation system and see what their options/responses are.

Akibahara and DenDen town has a few of those "things I won't mention" and "maid cafe" places. I didn't go looking but they are obvious especially down side streets but more so in Akibahara.

Hope that helps!

thanks for the info Saintly, i'll look into those places and might discuss them with my friends

well with the addition of 2 more people here is the current plan for my japan trip

Osaka (all four of us)
    Stay at hotel
    go to Osaka castle
    go to Den Den Town

Solo Time (where we all split up to do stuff we want to do)
    Me and the friend i was originally travelling with will be going to Hiroshima during this time and going to Miyajima while we are there, whilst Friend B will be visiting friends he made the last 2 times he was in Japan, and i have no idea what Friend C will be doing)

Tokyo (all 4 of us)
    we'll all meet up again in tokyo and stay at hotels together
    go to Akihabara
    go to Shibuya
    go to Odaiba
    go to Ikebukuro
    Karaoke
    go to Tokyo Tower

now the only problem is getting enough money

while i'm talking about money, does anyone know how much i could sell 3 game and watch games for? I've got Donkey Kong J.R, Fire and Mario Bros (with a dual screen) the boxes of all 3 are pretty beaten up but for how old these things are that is kinda to be expected, the styrophome trays inside the boxes are pretty much complete (one has a bit of damage) all 3 come with their instructions and as for the actual game and watches themselves they are in incredible condition like as if they were never removed from the boxes, selling them might help me money wise for japan
    Last edited by Firestorm; 10th April 2010 at 10:31 PM.

Roppongi is Tokyo's red light district if your perv friend wants to... ya know.

Weell, I dont know of anyplace in Japan as Ive never been but as per your general description of your party members your in the right place . You can prolly go to a resto with geishas, have friend A pig out on the food, Friend B perv at the geishas (although that might be frowned upon greatly) and have friend C take snappy shots at the geishas as they're in their colorful costumes like anime coxplay people
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Roppongi is Tokyo's red light district if your perv friend wants to... ya know.
    haha, might be a good suggestion for him, sadly (sorta) it doesnt seem like he can come as he will not be able to afford the whole trip

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Weell, I dont know of anyplace in Japan as Ive never been but as per your general description of your party members your in the right place . You can prolly go to a resto with geishas, have friend A pig out on the food, Friend B perv at the geishas (although that might be frowned upon greatly) and have friend C take snappy shots at the geishas as they're in their colorful costumes like anime coxplay people
    well Friend B Probably isnt comming and Friend C is unsure if he can go, but it seems likely he can
    To save money we might be flying with Jetstar instead of Japan Airlines, (it'll save us about $800-900 each)
    i think i've foind some farly good hotels in tokyo and osaka that just leaves hiroshima
    then the only other problem is getting enough money to actually go, i have saved $800 so far but that is only about 1/7 of how much i'll probably need i'll be getting paid about $300 next week and all of it is going towards japan, I'm gonna have to cut back on buying transformers for a while (sadly) but it is for a good cause (going to japan to buy MORE transformers lol)
    I'm not going till mid december but it would be a good idea to start buying/reserving things before hand (eg flights, accomodation etc)

by my calculations it should cost roughly 5000-6000 dollars (excluding spending money) ... i think i might need a second job ...

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    i think i've foind some farly good hotels in tokyo and osaka that just leaves hiroshima
    then the only other problem is getting enough money to actually go, i have saved $800 so far but that is only about 1/7 of how much i'll probably need i'll be getting paid about $300 next week and all of it is going towards japan, I'm gonna have to cut back on buying transformers for a while (sadly) but it is for a good cause (going to japan to buy MORE transformers lol)
    I'm not going till mid december but it would be a good idea to start buying/reserving things before hand (eg flights, accomodation etc)

by my calculations it should cost roughly 5000-6000 dollars (excluding spending money) ... i think i might need a second job ...
    How long is it that you are going for?

You can always try sleeping in transit (that's if you are going on distant locations) to save on accomodation.