Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam in all guises

oh dear
    i messed up my pants.......

I'm thinking about getting a Gundam model kit but have no idea where to begin. Where would you fine folks suggest I look first? Would they be easy to find in a store (in Brisbane), or am I best looking online?

HLJ are always clearing out some at one time or another :P

kit completly comes down to personal taste, but depending on your skill level/confidence/budget:

1/144 high grade kits - can be a little fiddly, but come up quite nice in the end
    1/100 no grade/high grade kits - amazing, love them, like the 1/144 but bigger, more posable and look better all round
    1/100 master grade kits - more advanced, but a lot more posable and a more fun build

i only buy nograde/highgrade when i cant get the mastergrade kit. saying that, i need to get building my PG strike....

Schweet. Thanks for that, blackie!

Been checking them out, and I've narrowed my list down to these:

1/100 Force Impulse Gundam
    MG 1/100 Strike Gundam IWSP
    1/144 HGAW GX-9900-DV Gundam X Divider
    1/144 HGUC Hazel RX121-1 TR-1

Force Impulse and Strike are definites, and it's a toss between which of the 1/144s to add. Knowing me I'll get both, especially given the price. I was surprised, they're a lot cheaper than what I was expecting. What's shipping cost like from HLJ?

Basically this is a belated birthday present for myself. I love my Lego and all, but lately I've really been overcome with the urge to get a proper model kit. I love spending the time creating something and then having that feeling of geeky accomplishment when I finish it. Haven't done one since I was a kid, except for a little SD Gundam kit for my birthday last year, and I figured Gundam was the best range to go for. Giant effing robots? Yes please.

the force impulse is a great kit
    the iwsp is under my bed waiting to be made......
    planned on doing a few more these hols

Well, just placed my order for Force Impulse, Divider and Hazel. Didn't realise Strike was on backorder, which is weird because I swear it was available last night.

Havign never dealt with HLJ before, what can I expect for shipping time? I chose SAL and it says 7-45 days, but 45 days seems a bit of a stretch.

usualy 2 weeks or so

Force Impulse arrived whil I was at uni today.

I wasn't expecting it so soon. Went to start building though and realised I am missing my wire cutters. Have to wait until tomorrow to start.....

I have these extra 'plug' pieces which in the instructions show you can use to prop the model on a display stand. I've trawled HLJ trying to find that display stand though and have come up empty.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?