Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam in all guises

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I wanted the ReZel for ages (regular MG, not the Commander), but the err......Gundam boner it sports kinda kills it for me.
    Lol... yeah true that.

When I first saw it, I was like WTF?

I guess that's why this guy fits into the Unicorn series - slightly different kind of horn though.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Lol... yeah true that.

When I first saw it, I was like WTF?

I guess that's why this guy fits into the Unicorn series - slightly different kind of horn though.
    Yeah, he's always got a convenient place to hang his towel, but geez...

*Seriously though, it doesn't seem like the best tactical design either, considering an enemy can just grab him by the crotch and rip him apart. (Yes that sounds wrong to me too).

I actually quite adore the MG Rezel. It's a tall mecha with an awesome waverider mode. Looking to pick up the Commander version eventually when finances soften. Excellent pics VP.

Its getting there...

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I actually quite adore the MG Rezel. It's a tall mecha with an awesome waverider mode. Looking to pick up the Commander version eventually when finances soften. Excellent pics VP.
    Thanks mate.

Tbh, I only picked up Re-ZEL because it was cheap and on sale at HLJ - not really a fan of the design of it (a bit tall and lanky looking for my own tastes).

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Its getting there...

[IMG]--SNIP--[/IMG]
    Seems like you're taking an eternity on this mate - looking good though.

I've just started on my first custom (painted, etc) - MG Zaku II for a group build comp over on the Gundam Australia forum.

Deadline is end of Jan, so it should be interesting to see if I can finish it (and not monumentally stuff it up) in time.

Seems like you're taking an eternity on this mate - looking good though.

I've just started on my first custom (painted, etc) - MG Zaku II for a group build comp over on the Gundam Australia forum.

Deadline is end of Jan, so it should be interesting to see if I can finish it (and not monumentally stuff it up) in time.
    Well it's fast for me
    Just need to do the torso, head and little bits and pieces.

Can't see your pics for the MG Zaku II?

Can't see your pics for the MG Zaku II?
    I haven't posted any yet.

The only pics I attached to that thread I linked to (which non-registered members can't see) are pics of the unbuilt kit - the time and date stamp on the pic is evidence that you haven't started the build before it was supposed to commence.

I'll put up some WIP pics when I have some, but I only commenced yesterday - just building the internal frame at the moment, so no real 'progress' yet.

Its getting there...

'***snip***
    Now that is looking mighty fine! Can't wait for the final product. Sadly, I don't have the skills or the patience to paint my kits. Keep on posting WIP pics.

Tonight I thought I'd chip away at my pile of shame. Since it's been a while since I've made a kit, thought I'd ease myself in with these 3. My pics are terrible but you get the idea...

HG Genoace Custom (from Gundam AGE):

HG Byaku Shiki (repaint of Hyaku Shiki, from Gunpla Builders Beggining G):

LBX Inbit (not Gundam but a Bandai kit, from Danball Senki):

Plus a group shot with the sugary sustenance of 40% Chocolate Cookies:

Up next I might do MG Sandrock or HG Kshatriya (plus SD Kshatriya).

That's one big cookie!!!

Awesome way to ease yourself back into building Gunpla mate... a couple of HGs without too many dark colours so you don't have to concentrate too hard on nub removal to warm up first, aye?

That redecoed Hyaku Shiki is surprisingly good looking in the plain white - I like the look of the mech, but haven't been a fan of the chrome gold or bright yellow versions that he comes in on the MGs.

I seem to recall seeing a flat gold MG version somewhere but for the life of me can't seem to track one down to buy (may have been a custom or ltd ed event only release).

So next.... MG Sandrock or HG Kshatriya???

Me likes the big a$$ (for a 1/144) HG Kshatriya and am envious of you having it since I'm looking at getting one too (if they don't release an MG version soon).

Seeing as you're easing yourself back into Gunpla building, I would recommend probably the MG Sandrock as next to be built over the HG Kshatriya.

Sandrock is just not as repetitious or fiddly to build as Kshatriya even though it's an MG (since I've built one and he's awesome like most of the EW ones) and would be the next progressive step into easing yourself back into the building game.

Besides all those damn Katoki markings (which I know you love ), Sandrock is pretty fiddly and repetition free as he doesn't have all the same repeated parts like Kshatriya does (4 x binders w/ associated extending arms and 24 x fiddly funnels )

Actually, scrap what I said, you sat and built a PG 00 Raiser in one sitting, so you're a sucker for punishment and will suffer for your art and for the love of the build, so you might as well jump in the deep end - Kshatriya FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    That's one big cookie!!!
    It's just a container. Nothing beats the Coles/Kmart brand choc chip cookies!

Awesome way to ease yourself back into building Gunpla mate... a couple of HGs without too many dark colours so you don't have to concentrate too hard on nub removal to warm up first, aye?
    Busted. 100% correct. Although I still had to work the nubs for the grey and coloured parts. Easing in complete though.

That redecoed Hyaku Shiki is surprisingly good looking in the plain white - I like the look of the mech, but haven't been a fan of the chrome gold or bright yellow versions that he comes in on the MGs.
    Hmm. The bright yellow version is awful. Not a fan of that colour used. Hyaku Shiki unfortunately can only be shiny gold. If you want a Hyaku Shiki that isn't gold, try MG Delta Plus. It's pretty much the same design but transformable.

I seem to recall seeing a flat gold MG version somewhere but for the life of me can't seem to track one down to buy (may have been a custom or ltd ed event only release).
    Can you give me a link of it from dalong?

So next.... MG Sandrock or HG Kshatriya???
    I think I will go for something totally different and build MG Delta Plus. I forgot I had that. Then again, Kshatriya... It's a thing of beauty.

Speaking of huge @$$ mechs, seen the HG Psycho Gundam? WOW! I've been meaning to pick one up, but always skipped it in favour of an MG. It's 40 cm tall!!!!