Page 844 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 824834839840841842843844845846847848849854864 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,440 of 10409

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Do Sharkticons and Allicons have Sparks?

In my own head-canon (otherwise known as the TF-TVC), the Sharkticons and Allicons were lobotomised versions of Transformers. When the Quints took over Cybertron in the distant past, they turned the non-transforming inhabitants into transforming machines of labor (Autobots) and machines of war (Decepticons). But they tried to go one step further and remove freewill from these sentient robots, and started creating Sharkticons and Allicons. When word of this got out, the Autobots and Decepticons rebelled and threw off the shackles of the Quintsson oppression and retook control of their planet. But as the Quints fled, they took with them countless numbers of Sharkticons and Allicons.

So in my canon, Sharkticons and Allicons do indeed have Sparks, as they were gifted life from Vector Sigma like all other Cybertronians.

But what are other peoples' thoughts on the issue. Are they just vicious robots that serve the Quintessons? Or long-lost brothers of the Transformers?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post

In my own head-canon (otherwise known as the TF-TVC), the Sharkticons and Allicons were lobotomised versions of Transformers. When the Quints took over Cybertron in the distant past, they turned the non-transforming inhabitants into transforming machines of labor (Autobots) and machines of war (Decepticons). But they tried to go one step further and remove freewill from these sentient robots, and started creating Sharkticons and Allicons. When word of this got out, the Autobots and Decepticons rebelled and threw off the shackles of the Quintsson oppression and retook control of their planet. But as the Quints fled, they took with them countless numbers of Sharkticons and Allicons.

So in my canon, Sharkticons and Allicons do indeed have Sparks, as they were gifted life from Vector Sigma like all other Cybertronians.

But what are other peoples' thoughts on the issue. Are they just vicious robots that serve the Quintessons? Or long-lost brothers of the Transformers?
    I've always felt that Transformers are a unique entity in the galaxy, the one life form with the ability to transform. sharkticons, allicons, camians, whoever, all children of primus at some point.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Sharkticons do appear to have some level of sapience, although it may not be as high as most other Transformers. If TFs' level of sapience can be equated to humans, then perhaps Sharkticons would be like higher order apes like chimps, gorillas or bonobos. Allicons on the other hand, while sentient, don't appear to be terribly sapient. Their level of sentience may be more like dogs or wolves.

But then again, it's possible that their level of sentience or sapience may simply be simulated and not actually real. Similar to the artificial intelligence shown in droids in the Star Wars universe. While these simulacra may appear to be sentient or even sapient, they may not actually be self aware. #HUM∀NS

So that's one 'yes' and one 'maybe' for them having Sparks. That's good enough for me.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Allicons...?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Allicons...?
    Allicons.

Oh. I thought the Allicons were just a different type of Sharktocon

Learn something everday
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Oh. I thought the Allicons were just a different type of Sharktocon

Learn something everday
    In one way, they are related, as they were two groups or clones that the Quintessons created to serve as their guards or army/cannon-fodder... but after the revolt of the Autobots & Decepticons many years earlier on Cybertron, the Quintessons had the sense to make sure that these ones were less intelligent.

I would also like to think that Hasbro/Takara had plans to create both as toys, but only ended up doing the Sharkticons.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But then again, it's possible that their level of sentience or sapience may simply be simulated and not actually real. Similar to the artificial intelligence shown in droids in the Star Wars universe. While these simulacra may appear to be sentient or even sapient, they may not actually be self aware. #HUM∀NS
    Pretty sure there's a Dreamwave issue where a Sharkticon was the pet of Wheelie. Not sure if this is included in IDW's continuity (been too long since I've read up on Wheelie's past and have caught up with issues in a while).

Edit: Wheelie & Gnaw.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post

I assume your the same guy who posted this on tfw