Page 44 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445464748495464 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

thanks guys, I've just bought myself the four for the tidy sum of $140.94AUD inc delivery, not too shabby!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I'm pretty sure it isn't. I came up with my calculations based on their website and combined it with current exchange rates and was pretty certain RK was still cheaper.
    Maybe combined shipping is cheaper - I'm not sure. But take Optimus Prime for example...

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT79347

Figure ($29.55 US) + SAL postage ($8.67 US) = ($38.22 US) $41.47 AUD

whereas...
    http://www.robotkingdom.com/services...=us&CatID=1_64

Figure ($29.90 US) + Registered air mail ($16.90 US) = ($46.87) $50.86 AUD

Roughly $9 difference for 1 figure! Now, I know most people probably wouldn't buy just one, therefore it will work out better... but HLJ's combined shipping prices have been just as good as Robot Kingdom's in my experience.

In the end it probably doesn't make a huge difference either way
    Last edited by Robzy; 6th April 2008 at 01:18 PM.

i want to get at least one beast wars figure , only characters that appear in the cartoon. Which set regardless of series should i get, should i get hasbro or Takara figures. thanks
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

if your loaded get the takara beastwars, they are more show accurate apparently, plus they come in cool boxes and have sexy catalogoues

"Henkei! Henkei! Transformers is the name of the Japanese version of the Classics toyline." According to the wiki, but what does Henkei mean?

Also, is there any reason given in the TF film fiction to account for the vastly different style between the mainline movie figs and the Energon/Cybertron redecoes? I'd like to see some explanation to account for the radical difference between the two

yeah, generally speaking the Japanese BW figures are more showlike because Beast Wars came out in Japan in 1997, same time as the show was released so they had the opportunity to repaint their figures to make them more like the show. Hasbro's BW TFs first debuted in 1996 well before the show was made. Takara's BW reissues are even more show-like, so I would go for those if you're a real stickler for show-likeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy
    According to the wiki, but what does Henkei mean?
    'Transform' or 'transformation.'

e.g.:
    ブロールは戦車に変形 (Burooru wa sensha ni henkei) = "Brawl transforms into a tank"
    ブロールの変形は戦車(Burooru no henkei wa sensha) = "Brawl's transformation is a tank"

So one could read the name as "Transform! Transform! Transformers!"

Epic.

Yeah pretty much. There used to be a Japanese cultural festival in Sydney called the Matsuri Fiesta Festival. Matsuri means festival in Japanese and Fiesta is Spanish for festival, so 'Matsuri Fiesta Festival' translates as "Festival Festival Festival."

Mmm... tortology fresh...

i was thinking of getting 20th annviersary so as a whole create transmutate
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Other than Waspinator, I personally don't really like the Hasbro reissues. I collected Transmutate by getting the Transmutate parts off other people who collected the reissues but didn't want to Transmutate parts - oh, and one off Waspinator, the only Hasbro reissue I got.

If show-likeness is something that you want to go for, I would absolutely recommend the Takara reissues instead.

Having said that, if you do choose to go for the Hasbro reissues LMK because I have a Hasbro reissue Dinobot that I don't want. It's in loose mint in box condition - as in I opened the toy just once and then put it back in. Never been played with or even transformed.