Page 47 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 273742434445464748495051525767 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

has there ever been an explanation as to why Hasbro just reused g1 episodes for the G2 tv show?

Surely they knew it would not appeal to kids as they were not new adventures with the characters being recoloured and some having new bodies altogether

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Cos they were lazy & thought people wouldn't remember?

benben2142 Guest

Finished watching masterforce, it only took me 3 days lol!

SPOILERS BELOW

I don't understand, how come clouder and the decepticon headmasters separated from there transectors? Also did mega and giga die?

END SPOILERS

And also buster and hydra is so dumb and foolish, I hate them more than g1 wheelie!
    Last edited by dirge; 13th April 2008 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Inserting spoiler space

benben, please make the effort to insert spoiler tags.

Please read the episode summary (episode 42) here.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    has there ever been an explanation as to why Hasbro just reused g1 episodes for the G2 tv show?

Surely they knew it would not appeal to kids as they were not new adventures with the characters being recoloured and some having new bodies altogether
    From what I've heard, the original concept of Transformers Generation 2 was to dub over the Japanese G1 series using the English language G1 voice actors (e.g. Cullen, Welker et al) - and then spice them up with CGI (Cybernet Space Cube). But then someone decided that it would be a better idea to rehash the old US series first so that G2 would run from Season 1 to Victory. Of course, the idea fell on its butt because of that. (-_-)

I'm not sure if Hasbro were planning on releasing Takara exclusive figures as part of G2, but that would've worked a lot better than the initial wave of weirdly repainted G1 figures (although G2 Sideswipe looks cool IMO).

i thought g1 jap series was just US g1 dubbed in jap

except for Headmaster etc

and then if they dubbed HM's in english they would have to ignore rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From what I've heard, the original concept of Transformers Generation 2 was to dub over the Japanese G1 series using the English language G1 voice actors (e.g. Cullen, Welker et al) - and then spice them up with CGI (Cybernet Space Cube). But then someone decided that it would be a better idea to rehash the old US series first so that G2 would run from Season 1 to Victory. Of course, the idea fell on its butt because of that. (-_-)

I'm not sure if Hasbro were planning on releasing Takara exclusive figures as part of G2, but that would've worked a lot better than the initial wave of weirdly repainted G1 figures (although G2 Sideswipe looks cool IMO).
    Whoever made that call should have been shot!

Imagine Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory with a popper English dub, it would be awesome!

benben2142 Guest

Hey guys I want to know more info on season 5 since there was no cartoon I want to read the comics of it, so are there any idw reprints of the marvel comic ones?

Information about Season 5 (which was old episodes) is here:
    http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/G...on%29#Season_5

The Marvel comic does not follow the cartoon seasons. However from about issue 40 of the Marvel comic, characters from the fifth year of toys start to appear. These issues have not been reprinted by IDW yet.

what episode in cybertron did soundwave make his debut?

For the movie brawl deluxe is there a way to make his shoulder joint less kibely?

thanks
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion