RUKUS
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - United
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Retool and repaint of Legacy Needlenose
    Wave - N/A (Amazon exclusive)
    Released here - July 2024
    Approximate Retail Price - $65 (Doom 'N' Destruction pack w/ Decepticon Bludgeon)
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Sub-Group - Triggercon
    Alt-mode - dune buggy
    Main Features/Gimmicks - shoulder cannons can be manually deployed in a similar way as the G1 Triggercon gimmick
    Main Colours - beige, purple

This toy is an extensive retool of Legacy Beachcomber. It's more accurate to say that it's almost a new mould with some shared parts from Beachcomber. Ruckus is the most G1-accurate among the Legacy Triggercons. Being only available in an Amazon exclusive 2-pack with Stormbringer Bludgeon, is this toy worth getting? If you're either happy to own Bludgeon or are willing to offload it (I sold mine, hence no review from me on Bludgeon), then sure. But also perhaps not if the additional Bludgeon is too much of a pill to swallow.

P.S.: given how cheap this set is, if you're also or more interested in Bludgeon, then this set is absolutely worth getting. Even if you're uninterested in Ruckus, you've paid $50 as standard Voyager price, which means that you've only paid $15 for a Deluxe (cheaper than Core Class!), or you can sell it off at a cheap price and easily offload it.

I've a soft spot for Ruckus but have little interest in Bludgeon. I wonder what TT will do about this dude? Both modes look pretty slick.
    Do the guns rotate in their mountings? You have them deployed in all the photos can they be uuuh, un-deployed?

Bonus question, what's the negative form of deployed?

What I think is MOST interesting though is Ruckus is proof that Hasbro take a bit of a half arsed attitude in regards to reference materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I've a soft spot for Ruckus but have little interest in Bludgeon. I wonder what TT will do about this dude? Both modes look pretty slick.
    Do the guns rotate in their mountings? You have them deployed in all the photos can they be uuuh, un-deployed?

What I think is MOST interesting though is Ruckus is proof that Hasbro take a bit of a half arsed attitude in regards to reference materials.
    First, in regards to weapons, the oposite of deployed is normally holstered or stowed depending on the type of weapon and if it's on a person or elsewhere. There are other terms also, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Brain no workie right now.

Second, yes, the weapons can be stowed.

Finally. I got Ruckus and Bludgeon yesterday. It's an amazing Ruckus teamed with one of the worst Bludgeon's I've ever seen, largely because of the colours.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Listening to a recent podcast with Hasbro designers and they do gather a lot of reference material for designing toys, it's just sometimes they go to sources that aren't 100% accurate (including TFwiki)

The colours and feel of this toy 100% synch with my memories of my childhood Ruckus - to the point that when I deploy the guns back and forth I expect to hear and feel the friction noises the original toy made.

Standing him next to Beachcomber and seeing only a few parts are outright reused and how much bigger he feels, is quite an impressed trick.

The 9 step conversion for a deluxe is a bit underwhelming, and I struggled a lot to get the fists to lock into place with his legs in buggy mode, resorted to the instructions for help but they didn't.

(The colours on Bludgeon were better than I expected, more of a mustardy yellow than the box art displayed, but he's really the extra accessory in this pack I didn't want)

Are TakaraTomy not releasing the same toys as Hasbro, but just with Japanese legal blurb stickers? Bludgeon and Ruckus were both never released in Japan during G1, so I imagine that there would be quite some appeal for these characters among Japanese fans.

Yes. The guns can rotate both longitudinally and radially; so they can swing back and forth, or the barrels can spin. The cannons are also detachable (they come detached).

The antonym of deployed is "ployed."
    "They are said to be in ployed formation." - A Military Dictionary and Gazetteer (Wilhelm, T.)

As a modern update of Ruckus, this guy is just about perfect and easily the most successful of the updated Triggercons IMHO. Similar to the Legacy Sandstorm, you do a double take seeing that altmode from a small distance away.

Hopefully this also means we get a decent Backstreet, Dogfight and Override at some point in the future.

And yep, I totally bought this pack just for Ruckus, but the Tarn mold is a solid mold so should be able custom a cool character out of Noodle-face Bludgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    And yep, I totally bought this pack just for Ruckus, but the Tarn mold is a solid mold so should be able custom a cool character out of Noodle-face Bludgeon.
    Not sure if Ood... or Cthulu.