[strike]Autobot FLAME[/b]
Series - Generations
Sub-line - Comic Edition
Size/class - Voyager
New/remould/redeco - Retool and repaint of Gamer Edition Megatron
Wave - 2
Released here - September 2024
Approximate Retail Price - $85 (in 2-pack with Xaaron)
Approximate Size - 16cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Sub Group - Motovator
Alt-mode - Cybertronian tank
Main Features/Gimmicks - it's Flame
Main Colours - Fire Guts
Main Accessories - science cannon

Flame uses the same core mould as Studio Series Gamer Edition Megatron, but with a new head, chest and upper legs. These, along with the vibrant paint scheme, makes this toy undeniably the rogue Autobot scientist Flame. The arms, lower legs/feet and cannon are straight-up repainted from Megatron and are thus the least G1-accurate parts of the toy. But that's fine with me, as the G1 model just had round limbs... let's face it, Flame's original G1 model doesn't look like a Transformer, but more of a generic scifi robot due to the lack of alt mode kibble. And this isn't a criticism of Jeff Anderson's design, the fact is that Flame was originally made as a one-shot disposable character; nobody knew that there would be a toy 36 years later! The tank mode is clearly Megatron's tank mode, but that's fine. I mean, let's face it... G1 Flame's tank mode design is kinda silly and not very memorable anyway. The cannon on the arm is the biggest variation from the G1 design, but where else are you gonna put it? On the G1 model, the barrel pretty much appears out of nowhere. I'm not the biggest fan of the comic book style black "shadows" on the shins, particularly with the asymmetry, but it doesn't bother me enough to want to remove it either.

Overall, this is a perfectly cromulent Flame toy (not from Flame Toys) with no unforgivable flaws. It's the kind of toy that collectors would have highly coveted and paid big bucks for a few years ago as a BotCon exclusive; so I'm very happy to have it as a local store-exclusive figure. Yeah, I mostly got this set for Xaaron, but I'm also happy to keep Flame. I actually prefer Flame over Gamer Edition Megatron.