This might be handy for those who are worried about UV sunlight damaging their collection. I don't have any yellowing of my figures but I keep my room generally closed from bright sunlight by drawing the blind.

There are times when I like having the blind open so I thought about some kind of UV blocker for my window. You can get a professional to treat a window with a UV film but I wanted a cheaper DIY solution.

I found this product from Bunnings, a clear polycarbonate UV treated sheet made by Suntuf, which cost me $45.80 for a 1x1m roll:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/suntuf-1...000mm_p1010853

I cut it into thirds (1m x 33cm) by using a tape measure and permanent marker on the protective film side (which you pull off) then cutting with heavy scissors. So I managed to cover my window (or rather the amount I like to have open) by resting the pieces against the window and the bottom of the blind, which has a metal bar.

The polycarbonate is transparent but a bit hazy. It actually does reduce UV light. The photo below shows bright sunlight coming through the window with the polycarbonate moved a bit to the side. The right half of the UV card meter is without polycarbonate and the left is with. You can see the left half is less reactive (paler) - it is actually similar UV level to when the card is in shadow.

Whether this protection translates to actual less yellowing over time, I don't know. Whether "low", "moderate" or "high" UV for humans is relevant to plastic photodegredation, I don't know. This is also taken in late August sunlight, not summer sunlight.

Anyway, I thought this might be of interest to some folks.