Released here - August 2024
Approximate Retail Price - $90
Approximate Size - 18cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Flying space cannon
Main Features/Gimmicks - comic inspired colours
Main Colours - blue with red and light-grey accents
Main Accessories - axe, cannon

An impressively comic-accurate rendition of Straxus given that he's a retool and repaint of Kingdom Galvatron. He does have more alt-mode kibble that G1-Straxus never had, but of course, G1 Straxus never existed as a toy. Generations Straxus has kibble for the same reason that every CHUG and MP Arcee toy has a backpack... because action figures IRL have to put this stuff somewhere. Yes, the head is a proportionately smaller than G1-Straxus' head, but if it were any bigger then it wouldn't be able to fold away for transformation. The thighs and feet are from Galvatron and thus technically inaccurate to G1 Straxus' design, but IMO are improvements. G1 Straxus' upper legs are just blocks, and his feet are just triangles. The fact that this toy closely resembles G1 Straxus to the point that people can nitpick finer details like this just shows how well done this figure is; nobody ever got this nitpicky on Generations Darkmount! Just reading through that thread, we can see how much we all loved that toy despite not even attempting to be accurate to G1 Straxus; as such an idea was just not practical in 2010. Hasbro's really spoiling us today with toys like this; something that we never could have even dreamed of existing in the earlier years of CHUG.

My only minor gripe with this toy is the Marvel US inspired deco, because as much as I love the Marvel comics, I've never been a fan of the Marvel US comic colouring. The Marvel US G1 comics used a cheap form of printing with a more limited palette; which was very different from the higher colouring and print quality in the Marvel UK and G2 comics. I understand that this is the entire point of the Comic Edition Generations figures... but it's not something that's my jam. I also would've liked for this toy to have come with a Straxus head-in-a-bubble like how [url=http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/29969-Toy-Review-SHOCKWAVE-(Comic-Edition)]Comic Edition Shockwave[/color] comes with an Optimus Prime head, but there was probably no room left in the budget given that this toy has heavy retooling which Shockwave did not.