Default Aldi Special Buys hobby tools 20/7/24

Aldi has again put out hobby equipment e.g.:

Airbrush Compressor Set $79.99
    Hobby Knife Set $12.99
    Hobby Vice $9.99
    Rotary Tool $19.99
    Plastic Welder $24.99

https://www.aldi.com.au/special-buys...s-sat-20-july/

I bought the Airbrush Compressor Set. I don't do much airbrushing (I mostly hand paint), so I just use air canisters but they are expensive over time. So I've been waiting to try out a budget compressor.

I’ve bought most of these over the years, the airbrush isn’t the best for a little more money you can get better beginner sets with better compressors (my aldi compressor randomly broke somehow, heard multiple instances of this)
    The knives aren’t anything special, you’re better off buying a tamiya or excel hobby knife and saw if you’re working with Transformers or gunpla etc.
    the vice is a vice probably the one thing I’d recommend
    Plastic welder works i think? But i prefer using plastic cement

Yeah, I kind of expect the compressor to fail for that price but the 5 year warranty hopefully covers it, and Aldi is really convenient for me, unlike most hobby shops.

I've got an old Tamiya hobby knife but the best blades I've used have actually been surgical scalpels. My plastic cement is also Tamiya - good stuff.

I bought the compressor last time they were advertised. It's still going strong so I'm happy with it. They don't have the magnifier with clips advertised which I regret not buying.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    They don't have the magnifier with clips advertised which I regret not buying.
    I got good news for you then gamblor, it's advertised under Hobby Tool Accessories at $9.99:

https://www.aldi.com.au/special-buys...accessories-2/

I own that one and it's really handy for hand-painted touch ups, such as eyes and faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I got good news for you then gamblor, it's advertised under Hobby Tool Accessories at $9.99:

https://www.aldi.com.au/special-buys...accessories-2/

I own that one and it's really handy for hand-painted touch ups, such as eyes and faces.
    Perfect! Handy for working on tiny details.