Thread: Mattel Creations: Hot Wheels Transformers Optimus Prime

Default Mattel Creations: Hot Wheels Transformers Optimus Prime

Releases 21/5/24.

Two of the biggest fandoms have come together for the first time with the Hot Wheels Transformers Optimus Prime. Modeled after his first appearance in Generation 1, this die-cast version of the Autobot leader can convert from a heavy-duty truck cab into a towering robot, ready to battle the Decepticons. We even designed the packaging so you could display it in either vehicle or robot mode.

Hot Wheels® Transformers™ Optimus Prime
    Features: Attachable hands and ion blaster
    Body Color: Spectraflame red and blue
    Body Type: ZAMAC
    Wheels: Custom Real Riders wheels
    Base: Die-cast chassis
    Window Color: Light smoke-tinted 
    Scale: 1:64

https://creations.mattel.com/product...us-prime-hxt02

A transforming licensed Transformers toy, and it's from Hasbro's mortal enemy Mattel. Hell has frozen over in Rhode Island.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just don’t understand…… hot wheels licensing transformers was weird enough, but a transforming Optimus Prime?!?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

YouTube video of the box and figure. It's pretty small, but it looks all metal (except the gun and fists, I think). Transforms the same as the G1 toy.

Meanwhile, in another Mattel office...
    "Fabulous, secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my Matrix of Leadership..." .

This looks like one of the first projects to come out of Hasbro making full design drawings for the original G1 figures available to licensees.

Fascinating to see how Mattel have taken that figure and made it in scale with their lines.