Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: JP Missing Link toyline

Currently at about $135 AUD shipped for both from Amazon Japan. $65-$70 for a little penny racer these shouldn’t be more than $20. I know everything is expensive these days but that price is a bit excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Currently at about $135 AUD shipped for both from Amazon Japan. $65-$70 for a little penny racer these shouldn�t be more than $20. I know everything is expensive these days but that price is a bit excessive.
    These guys are quite a bit more complex than a penny racer, but I too feel the RRP is a bit over the top.

To be honest though, I'm surprised TT are pushing through with these guys for a number of reasons.
    1. They are small
    2. I bet they were not easy to make.
    3. They don't project value for money when you see how small they are.

The 3rd one makes them quite a gamble really. Optimus. Soundwave, and the bigger guys would easily get away with their high prices, but these guys being so small would be a tough sell.

(He says despite knowing that Amazon japan had 400+ pre-orders taken for them in the morning the listing was put up)

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

However, nobody will be paying the RRP. Amazon Japan will heavily discount the price over the course of a few weeks, and all the other place in Japan that are taking orders have already applied much the same discount. Or at least nobody needs to pay RRP; anyone who waits for local retailers to stock these things will of course pay a higher price than those buying directly from Japan (higher even than adding the cost of postage from Japan), but that's a choice.

I don't think there is any special difficulty in making them, though. Plenty of other manufacturers have been making similar toys with parts the sizes we're seeing here for quite some time without issue, although yes, they too tend to have prices that some people say are high.

The price and value are all subjective judgement calls, right or wrong for us alone in our own heads, and really the only way to say whether it was "right" or "wrong" as a general thing is to look at the sales in the end. And these will, I believe, sell out, which would be as close to saying the price wasn't actually wrong (not the same as saying it was right) as we can reasonably get.