Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    $5K fine for spitting on an essential worker, includes to & from work.
    Wonder if once this pandemic is over, will the fine remain as a deterrent, or will they remove it making it ok to spit at essential workers hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Wonder if once this pandemic is over, will the fine remain as a deterrent, or will they remove it making it ok to spit at essential workers hmmmm
    The fine should remain.

There should be a huge fine for anyone spitting in public, much less on another human being, not just essential workers.

If people have the urge to spit, go do it in the restroom.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Then we should have a single excessive fine for everything and not break any law. Make the fine a factor of your income so the fine impacts everyone fairly. In a time where people could be losing jobs, I don't think fines is a good idea.
    Here's a better idea. Don't spit on others. PERIOD.

...that's the point of an excessive fine.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Here's a better idea. Don't spit on others. PERIOD.

...that's the point of an excessive fine.
    I was referring to the 13k social distancing fine.

Not spitting is just good manners. I'm not against your better idea. There are a lot of stupid/ill mannered people out there. I'm just more against crime and things that are truly illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    The fine should remain.

There should be a huge fine for anyone spitting in public, much less on another human being, not just essential workers.

If people have the urge to spit, go do it in the restroom.
    Even without a fine, it's not ok to spit. I'm not really sure how many instances of this has occurred before. It's just became more concerning now because of COVID-19.

Scumbags don't care if there is a fine or not. A few staff were assaulted and spat on at Blacktown yesterday, and the scum turned around and said they have corona, and ran off. The language I'd use to describe these people would not be polite. But this is an all too common occurrence. These specimens of society probably don't even have the money to pay said fine. Under current circumstances, will likely get a slap on the wrist. The last person who spat at me, whilst he got arrested and is known to police, saw him a couple weeks later wandering around. Even the police told me it's most likely not going to amount to anything. It's a joke and empty platitudes. Sorry of I sound jaded, but these things have happened to me many times on the job and nothing comes of it.

Also should note this was in March, before they brought in any fines and such.

Scumbags don't care if there is a fine or not. A few staff were assaulted and spat on at Blacktown yesterday, and the scum turned around and said they have corona, and ran off. The language I'd use to describe these people would not be polite. But this is an all too common occurrence. These specimens of society probably don't even have the money to pay said fine. Under current circumstances, will likely get a slap on the wrist. The last person who spat at me, whilst he got arrested and is known to police, saw him a couple weeks later wandering around. Even the police told me it's most likely not going to amount to anything. It's a joke and empty platitudes. Sorry of I sound jaded, but these things have happened to me many times on the job and nothing comes of it.

Also should note this was in March, before they brought in any fines and such.
    Sorry to hear, Az. The ones who do this are the ones who can't afford the fine.

I used to work in the fast-food game, McDonald's Subway places like this. I have been spat on numerous times and treated remarkably badly by both the customers and management upper management. Even now I have a lot of unresolved mental health issues from such abuse, mostly from the other staff, upper management, and owners. I do have a good idea why this happened to me, I don't conform to normal stereotypes and I am somewhat eccentric at a young age.

This law should have been in place long before covid-19 arrived, many people could catch numerous things from those spitting. In reply to the people in Blacktown, I wonder why they repeat these offences, my theory is a fine is only somewhat a deterrent if the person has/earns/ or is capable of paying the fine and it then effects there abilities to purchase nice things or luxury items. The people that often repeat these offences like driving without a license for example usually get off with a slap on the wrist and a fine that they never pay back and it normally just disappears with hardship.

My hope is that people in the front line (including the kids/adults in the lowest jobs ie, Subway Red Rooster) are treated with respect these people even if young are still risking themselves for little money.

Please stay safe everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    ]The ones who do this are the ones who can't afford the fine.
    There's likely a high percentage of them who would indeed fit this. In the end, it would probably catch up with them through garnished income or bank accounts.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_Hallow View Post
    I used to work in the fast-food game, McDonald's Subway places like this. I have been spat on numerous times and treated remarkably badly by both the customers and management upper management. Even now I have a lot of unresolved mental health issues from such abuse, mostly from the other staff, upper management, and owners. I do have a good idea why this happened to me, I don't conform to normal stereotypes and I am somewhat eccentric at a young age.

This law should have been in place long before covid-19 arrived, many people could catch numerous things from those spitting. In reply to the people in Blacktown, I wonder why they repeat these offences, my theory is a fine is only somewhat a deterrent if the person has/earns/ or is capable of paying the fine and it then effects there abilities to purchase nice things or luxury items. The people that often repeat these offences like driving without a license for example usually get off with a slap on the wrist and a fine that they never pay back and it normally just disappears with hardship.

My hope is that people in the front line (including the kids/adults in the lowest jobs ie, Subway Red Rooster) are treated with respect these people even if young are still risking themselves for little money.

Please stay safe everyone.
    Ive had the opposite, people at fast food places abusing me by doing crap to my food.