Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
As bad as cammyness sounds, it would be more (Latin) accurate than "cah-mine-us." But if you want to say it accurately then it's "KAH-mee-noos."

Or perhaps go with Cameronus Prime or Caimshrònus Prime; Caimshròn being the original Scots Gaelic form of Cameron. I think that Caimshròn might be pronounced as "calm shron" or "cow-shron"... and the "shron" may be "sron" or "sroyn," or I could be completely wrong. I'm really bad with Gaelic phonology because often the reading is so different from the spelling. Irish names are notoriously difficult to read if you've never encountered them before.

e.g.
* Sean = we all know it's "shorn," but for a lot of people who come from non-Anglo/Celtic countries they may pronounce it as "seen" (rhyming with bean, dean, lean, mean, wean etc.)
* Sinead = "shin-aid"; which non-Celts really only know because of Sinead O'Connor.
The rest of these names have their readings spoiler tagged, so click and drag to reveal!
* Áine = Awn-yeh
* Aisling = Ash-ling
* Aoife = Ee-fah
* Béibhinn = Bevin
* Brid = Brij
* Caoimhe = Kwee-vah
* Cathal = Cah-hull; Irish form of "Charles."
* Clodagh = Kloh-dah
* Dearbhail = Dervil
* Eibhilin = Aye-leen
* Grainne = Grawn-yah
* Laoise = Leesha
* Méadhbh =Mayv
* Niamh = Neev
* Oisin = Oosh-een
* Pádraig = Paw-rick
* Saoirse = See-or-shah
* Siobhan = Sher-vorn
* Tagh = Teeg
And I do have or have had students with some of these names! (it's funny when we try to render them in Kanji )

Although another cool thing about keeping Cameron in there is that it's also a reference to a planet from G1 (where Optimus Prime's original body was ultimately found on Cameron's moon of VsQs in the Matrix Quest). So if you could hybridise the name Cameron and Caminus, then you'd actually be referencing two planets from Transformers lore! Camironus Prime?
That's an awesome piece of lore i didn't know! I will probably stick with Caminus prime because I've started to use that for a few things and I'm kinda attached to it now :P, Plus its meaning of Forge or Flame is great of course!
wonder if i could update it here without making a new account aha