View Poll Results: Who should be the new Prime?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

10 15.87%
  • Hound

10 15.87%
  • Megatron

4 6.35%
  • Optimus Primal

8 12.70%
  • Shockwave

6 9.52%
  • Star Saber

9 14.29%
  • Thunderwing

3 4.76%
  • Ultra Magnus

7 11.11%
  • Unknown Evil

6 9.52%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Fan Vote for new leader in the Power of the Primes series

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Just saw the listing for round 2, heheheheh, all 3 are the ones I chose from round 1 Now it will get tricky
    I picked 2/3 (although one was the wild card entry )

I really hope magnus doesn't get it as he already had a recent update. I still hope it's Deathsaurus but would be happy with Primal or Star Saber as well.

Let's go PRIMAL!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Default SPOILER ALERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I picked 2/3 (although one was the wild card entry )

I really hope magnus doesn't get it as he already had a recent update. I still hope it's Deathsaurus but would be happy with Primal or Star Saber as well.
    I know what you mean. Something different to change it up. Though if this is meant to lead from the comics choosing an over religious zealot like Star Sabre may be going a bit far. Hope my first choice, Primal gets the nod as it were
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

To put things in perspective here, this is why I'm voting for Deszaras:

Here are all the other candidates in terms of their original toys with contemporary updated versions. I'm only looking at new moulds that were developed for these characters, no redecos.

And here is Deszaras:

Yeah, I think out of all the candidates Deszaras is the MOST desperate in need of a new toy. There has literally been NO new mould Deszaras toy since 1989!

Vote #1: DESZARAS! (or "Deathsaurus" if you prefer that spelling... po-tay-to po-tah-to )

A new Deathsaurus toy would be great. Rip the wings off and put a meatier head on it and you've got a nice Grimlock. You could also make a nice Onyx Prime out of it (presuming the character has wings).

But still...

VOTE 1 PRIMAL!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

2 of the characters I voted for made it to the 2nd round... Ultra Magnus and Primal...

I might jump on the Deathsaurus train

Boo! Not a single one of my choices made it through. Oh well I cannot complain too much I was lucky to get almost every one of my wishes fulfilled with the previous votes for Windblade, Victorion and Trypticon.

Regardless of who is next I am sure we will get a wikid toy for them.

1/3 for me, but I'm a tad sad (but not even a little bit surprised) that Hound didn't make it.

Like others have stated, it's pretty obvious they are desperate for "unknown evil" to keep getting through. Why the pretense of a vote?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

FatalityPitt Guest

I'm guessing this is how the story arc will go: Unknown Evil will win the vote and get the Matrix. Star Saber will challenge Unknown Evil (revealed to be SS's old rival, Deathsaurus). During the battle, Star Saber will be killed while Deathsaurus will be wounded. Optimus Primal will then seize the opportunity by delivering a killing blow to Deathsaurus and take the Matrix from him. Optimus Primal wins and we get more Beast Wars toys!

EDIT: A couple years later, Optimus Primal's growing arrogance and inability to handle success and power will result in him turning evil. Optimus Prime, after a temporary hiatus, battles Primal and takes back the Matrix. Thus reverting Transformers back to the old status quo.

Hasbro's Message: No one else but Optimus Prime is worthy enough to hold the Matrix, and he'll never be replaced as leader, and your children's children's children's, grandchildren will all continue collect and worship Optimus Prime forever and beyond...
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 28th January 2017 at 10:05 PM.

But why vote for the others? What can Hasbro achieve with another modern version of those other characters that they haven't already achieved in recent incarnations? I don't see what a new CHUGUR Hound could do that Universe/Henkei Hound doesn't already give us. I have zero interest in Titans Return Optimus Prime and Megatron. None of these toys seem to offer anything substantial which Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime and Combiner Wars Megatron don't already (relative to their different price/size classes). I frankly don't need another Headmaster Optimus Prime (already have TR PM OP), I don't need a Headmaster Megatron, and I don't need either character as Triple Changers. These are all bonus gimmicks, but nothing that I consider essential. If they made a Titans Return Hound then what? A new CHUGUR Hound that's a Headmaster? Uh... no thanks, I'll just stick with my Henkei. Why do I need a new Headmaster Hound again? Optimus Primal? I have Telemocha Convoy (redeco of RM Beast Convoy, and I have RM Burning Beast Convoy, so I have this mould twice) and I have MP Beast Convoy. And TakaraTOMY recently reissued the original Optimus Primal with the show-accurate head as part of the LG line (and if I gave a toss about show-likeness I might've considered getting that toy ). So again, not seeing what another modern Optimus Primal toy could really bring to the table.

TBH the only character here that I would want to see redone as a toy other than Deszaras is Hound, but only as a Masterpiece figure. But this is a Hasbro poll, and we know that Hasbro never develop Masterpiece toys, only TakaraTOMY do (and Hasbro will sometimes follow TakaraTOMY's lead if they feel like it, but they never take the lead). So there's no point in voting for Hound if you wanted an MP figure for that. A better chance of seeing MP Hound is to have nominated the character on the TakaraTOMY online poll before they geoblocked it (I know I have). Otherwise all we can do is hope that fans in Japan are nominating him.

But as far as Hasbro's concerned, out of the characters offered here Deszaras seems to make the most sense. He is the only character who's never had a modern toy made of him. I would like to see Hasbro release as many G1 characters as CHUGUR figures as possible before revisiting characters that they've already done all over again. Because I'm unlikely to purchase any redone characters (just as I'm planning on entirely skipping TR Optimus Prime and Megs), but I'll jump at the chance to get a new character-toy!