Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 162631323334353637383940414656 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    On one hand I'm not a huge fan of sound gimmicks as aside from adding to the overall cost of a toy it also adds an immovable block which can impede with a toy's design/engineering (as the toy is built around this sound block). But on the other hand, looking at photos of MP36 the engineering doesn't seem to have been adversely affected by this gimmick (so it appears to be rather unobtrusive). I suspect that it's been placed on a part of a toy that was always going to be a block, like maybe inside the scope/fusion cannon.
    You were right; based on the translation posted earlier, the electronics are all in the cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i'd be happy if they skipped sound gimmick for metallic silver paint. like mentioned earlier some of the more cartoon-accurate aesthetic is just too plain.
    Is Megatron meant to be silver, grey, or white? I'm tempted to say light grey; then again, metallic colours don't have their metallic sheen in traditional cel-based animation, so he could have been intended to be silver.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

Is Megatron meant to be silver, grey, or white? I'm tempted to say light grey; then again, metallic colours don't have their metallic sheen in traditional cel-based animation, so he could have been intended to be silver.
    Grey is basically what the animation model had, although when he was battle damaged in the movie he had a slight sheen to him (which the battle damaged parts have, making them appear glossy in pictures).

Never fear, if they can redeco mp10 so many times surely a silver megatron/black repaint would be around the corner

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Grey is basically what the animation model had, although when he was battle damaged in the movie he had a slight sheen to him (which the battle damaged parts have, making them appear glossy in pictures).

Never fear, if they can redeco mp10 so many times surely a silver megatron/black repaint would be around the corner
    You will have
    Silver
    Stainless steel finish
    Titanium
    Chrome
    Gold
    Black
    Gun metal

Help yourself to $1.4k extra worth of megatrons.

looks soooo good. not flimsy, that face, the hands.... oh man excited for this one!

We sure that's the official box... looks fan-made to me.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The pic was taken from the Dengeki website (hyperlinked in my original post), plus it has the "Long Life Design" award logo, which is also on the boxes of the reissues:

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Its an image from the official hobby dengeki article on mp36, it's likely not final but unlikely to be fan made.

I wonder how many people will rebuy the cassettes to get a set of left and right piledrivers? First time they were released a bunch of people got two left or two right piledrivers instead of one left and one right. I got lucky and had the correct allocation but if I didn't it would bug me to this day.

I thought the long life thing meant it was going to last a long time and not get cosmic rust like MP-5