Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 152530313233343536373839404555 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I can tell unfortunately, granted good paint can really do well but the same paint in metal has a different gloss to it. Sadly for toys they are never that high standards. Even on Willis fan toys I could tell which is on what material .

Mp Tracks and binaltech tracks blue different day and night.

As for fitting, you just need mp36 in silver. Problem solved.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Oh man. If they do a good TFTM sound capture of his fusion cannon, I'm just gonna sit there pushing that button all day
    When you get it, just don't tell people that you've been sitting there all day playing with your cannon.

Oh man. If they do a good TFTM sound capture of his fusion cannon, I'm just gonna sit there pushing that button all day
    I suspect that it'd be the one switch that cycles through the sounds (similar to say Generations Metroplex etc.) rather than separate buttons per sound. The speech sounds will probably be meaningless to non-Japanese speakers but obviously Hasbro will never be able to release this toy in Anglophone markets with Frank Welker's voice.

Perhaps a Third Party company will release a compatible alternate sound chip w/ English language voices. It'd be cool if they could get Frank Welker to do the voices, but I imagine that that'd be too difficult (legal issues not withstanding) - they might have to get a good impersonator. Like DrSmoov.

The line in the caption (この愚か者め!) means, "You fools!" and is actually one of the lines on reissue Galvatron. Although the Japanese voice actor for G1 Megatron/Galvatron passed away two years ago, so I wonder if the voices on this chip are archived audio files or if they got a new voice actor to record them.

Hmm a sound chip and speaker? Kinda explains part of why the toy is more expensive

On one hand I'm not a huge fan of sound gimmicks as aside from adding to the overall cost of a toy it also adds an immovable block which can impede with a toy's design/engineering (as the toy is built around this sound block). But on the other hand, looking at photos of MP36 the engineering doesn't seem to have been adversely affected by this gimmick (so it appears to be rather unobtrusive). I suspect that it's been placed on a part of a toy that was always going to be a block, like maybe inside the scope/fusion cannon.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Have not even bothered to check on my shockwave for light and sounds. All these gimmicks are useless at my age. I don't get impress by it. I am more impressed when they get the figure right and qc spot on for $200. That's all I want.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It is something else that can break (like all the other premium features). Shockwave will keep his batteries until after he impresses the nephews at Christmas then never see them again.

Yeh I always end up removing the batteries due to eventual leakage. I never play with any electronic gimics. If MP36 didn't come with batteries, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy batteries just to hear his pew pew sounds.

Having said that MP1's light up matrix/chest feature was damn cool.

yep.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

i'd be happy if they skipped sound gimmick for metallic silver paint. like mentioned earlier some of the more cartoon-accurate aesthetic is just too plain.