Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Whatever happened to Jenny?
    She blasted off into space to have her own adventures (which have yet to be seen/read/heard). The interesting thing about Jenny was that she was played by Georgia Moffett who is:
    1. The daughter of Peter Davison, the Fifth Doctor.
    2. Married to David Tennant, the Tenth Doctor.
    ...so it's kinda like she's the Doctor's daughter and wife IRL! (jkz)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Whatever happened to Jenny?
    She blasted off into space to have her own adventures (which have yet to be seen/read/heard). The interesting thing about Jenny was that she was played by Georgia Moffett who is:
    1. The daughter of Peter Davison, the Fifth Doctor.
    2. Married to David Tennant, the Tenth Doctor.
    ...so it's kinda like she's the Doctor's daughter and wife IRL! (jkz)
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Jenny_%...7s_Daughter%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Moffett

Thanks! That's a nice bit of trivia. Was just wondering if she was ever inserted back in any of the series since some specials have all companions and others come back for a role. I didn't see her in anything else after blasting off.

So, who's seen it?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I have, considering how face-meltingly horrible last season was I was expecting it to be bad. It isn't! One of the best ep's since the style shift and Davies departure.

---General Spoiler Alert---

We've seen in a previous episode that when Rose Tyler touched a Dalek it brought it back to full power because she was covered in time travel juice or something.

Yet when Rory touched the Dalek, it had no effect. Did I miss something?

Another pretty girl in a DW episode. I'm not complaining, but its a nod towards a shift in audience perhaps.

When did we learn that Amelia couldn't have kids?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Has the new series aired yet? (Here)
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    ---General Spoiler Alert---

We've seen in a previous episode that when Rose Tyler touched a Dalek it brought it back to full power because she was covered in time travel juice or something.

Yet when Rory touched the Dalek, it had no effect. Did I miss something?

Another pretty girl in a DW episode. I'm not complaining, but its a nod towards a shift in audience perhaps.

When did we learn that Amelia couldn't have kids?
    The Dalek Rose touched was low in power, but the ones in the Asylum just seem to be asleep. It takes them a while to wake up in this episode. (You could also say it had something to do with Rose's connection to the heart of the Tardis stretching back and forth through time)

I think this episode was the revelation of Amy's infertility. Of course she has had a child who she and Rory 'raised' as kids and who, now grown up, pops in for tea every now and then.

I've read quite a bit since watching the premiere about the surprise in this episode but hadn't been following the gossip so I missed the degrees of the twist. I did think that Oswin had "companion" written all over her so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

The thing I really didn't get though, and haven't been able to find an answer to, is where did all these Daleks come from? They keep killing off the Daleks forever but they keep coming back. Last I recall there were the few multi-coloured ones but now suddenly there's thousands/millions of them again?

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Has the new series aired yet? (Here)
    The first episode can be watched on ABC IView. It's on regular TV this weekend.

My fear is that the writers are turning the Daleks into the Borg, with the hive mind thing, and hacking into the mind of one can transmit something between them all.

Given Oswin's last line in the episode was 'Remember me' and given the events of Rory and Amelia's wedding... You could surmise they're going to bring her back somehow.

Im so much a noob to DW.... didn't even know about it until I migrated here. It was never shown in Phils, even in the English cable channels ( dunno why it's a splendid show from what Ive seen so far). Since I've kinda viewed only a few episodes and haven't really fully embraced it, it really confuses me when Im watching some episodes. Time travel scientific jargon ( or made up ones hehehe) really is quite headache inducing if I think too much about it, so I just enjoy the show whatever it presents ehehhe.

One character that I really really enjoyed watching is River Song. Especially lie her trademark "Hello Sweetie" words to the doctor . Whenever I hear that it reminds me of her
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]