View Poll Results: JP MP Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 95.35%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 4.65%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide

Just got mine as well, I do like most of the articulation and he seems quite poseable. My only disappointment is that he can't quite pull off the Ironhide facepalm pose

Hip panels aren't too bad. I managed most of the transformation on my own but the final 2-3 steps of forming the chest/body were beyond my willingness to pull things apart, and I had to resort to the manual.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Just got mine as well, I do like most of the articulation and he seems quite poseable. My only disappointment is that he can't quite pull off the Ironhide facepalm pose

Hip panels aren't too bad. I managed most of the transformation on my own but the final 2-3 steps of forming the chest/body were beyond my willingness to pull things apart, and I had to resort to the manual.
    I don't trust the quality enough nowadays to just pull things. I seen goki instructions or YouTube and some manual reference.

This is s big jump from tracks..

I opened my duplicate copy on Friday night along with Hot Rod. Such an amazing transformation, I love the final part where the chest, back and shoulders all clicked. Far more climactic than the Tracks transformation. And the hip kibble really doesn't stand out when on the shelf with other figures.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I opened my duplicate copy on Friday night along with Hot Rod. Such an amazing transformation, I love the final part where the chest, back and shoulders all clicked. Far more climactic than the Tracks transformation. And the hip kibble really doesn't stand out when on the shelf with other figures.
    I completely agree. Being a massive fan of TFTM1986, I was so hyped for Hot Rod that I opened him immediately after collecting him, transformed him, and left Ironhide in the boot.

Later last night I opened Ironhide and was incredibly impressed. As you noted, that transformation of the torso is incredibly satisfying and, despite some issues with the end result in terms of design (hi hip kibble!) I love this figure. Incredible play value, impressive engineering and some lovely G1/Diaclone toy nods.

Now to wait for Ratchet!

Ironhide is so impressive that I am just as excited for Ratchet, despite being (mostly) just a redeco.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't think it be long that the diclone black will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I don't think it be long that the diclone black will be released.
    Or Green Ratchet

Absolutely smashing - he was a challenge to transform, but thoroughly enjoyable. Fun to pose, loving the massive accessory load out.

Based on current results this guy should have a 100% Yes to the poll rating. "Not even interested" isn't a fair assessment/review of a toy for people who aren't even going to buy it...

Really impressed with Ironhide

I love how the panels for the vehicle mode fold up and fit perfectly into his forearms and legs, making them almost seam-less, and the way the whole top half of the vehicle folds up into his chest is definitely and unexpectedly awesome.

Did not disappoint, looking forward to Ratchet now

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Ironhide is amazing. Almost passed on this guy, but so glad I didn't.