View Poll Results: JP MP Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 95.35%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 4.65%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide

Now I want an Ironhide and Ratchet
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Warning: I'm going to gush a bit.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

After Tracks I had lowered my expectations and avoided all the online hype/bitching so that I could make up my own mind. I'm impressed. He is an engineering wonder. And the colours work really well on him. He pops. The hips flaps are worth mentioning as an area that could/should have been improved upon but overall they do not detract much from this guy.

Super keen for Ratchet now because I think he'll look even better
    Yay I can trust this review. As you know I hated tracks paint work.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Yay I can trust this review. As you know I hated tracks paint work.
    You hide it well.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

mine arrived today, i've only just taken it out of the box and held but initial impressions are great!
    - i love the size and heft
    - the colour and paint looks fantastic
    - even though i never had the old G1 toy i love the nod to it with the head looking thing in the windshield!
    - i love that it's a van and has plenty of clearance to actually roll on it's wheels!

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just got mine from PC a bit slow but he arrived in mint condition.

My god he is glorious. The pics just dont do him justice. It's funny that Transformers can be photogenic as evidenced by Tracks which turned out to be less than stellar. Iron Hide is the complete opposite, he just looks awesome in hand.

The alt mode is brilliant. No odd looking transformation lines, super solid and awesome detail like on the rear lights.

Articulation is excellent and i like that TT has given him lots of accessories to play with. Wasted potential having great articulation and no accessories and TT did well here.

Hip kibble isnt too bad, again in person it isnt as much of an eye sore.

I give it 9.5/10-

on closer look the front bumper and lights look a bit scruffy and seem to have 'chrome wear' or something a bit

Very nice... it's like the toy has just jumped out of the TV.

This must have been a nightmare to design, as the whole chest area is a complex mass of joints and overlapping panels. It made it interesting to figure out the transformation, and when it comes together (especially the legs), it is very rewarding.

And then they throw in about 20 accessories... the toy alone was enough to rate this one above most other Masterpiece toys.

One complaint though is the face keeps falling out of the head of mine. I'm not sure if it is a common problem, but since I'm not a fan of multiple faces, this spoils it more for me.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    One complaint though is the face keeps falling out of the head of mine. I'm not sure if it is a common problem, but since I'm not a fan of multiple faces, this spoils it more for me.
    Mine also has a similar issue... but for me its a minor issue.

Got mine yesterday and opened it up last night.

I love it!

Ironhide is a very solid figure and looks great in both modes.

Alt mode is nice (for a van ) the individual parts sit together firmly with minimal gaps and the red helps to blend them in too.

The transformation is remarkable, really very intuitive (I did it first time without instructions) and surprisingly easy for such complex engineering.

The resulting bot mode looks far better in hand than in photos. Aside from the hip flaps and the windows on the back of the forearms it is free of kibble and these two items really don't detract anything from the bot mode. The articulation is fantastic and again draws attention to how well engineered it is.
    The only thing I don't like are the exposed screw heads on the top of the torso.

There are a lot of accessories and I haven't had a chance to look at all the options. However, the way that the head crest slides forward to aid swapping the faces is a very simple but much appreciated touch which means you don't have to pry out the faceplate and risk damaging the head or face.

Overall, this is the Ironhide figure I've been waiting to get for the past 30 years and I'm overjoyed with it. I can't remember the last time I was this happy with a masterpiece figure.
    Last edited by Blastwave; 12th March 2016 at 12:27 AM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yes this is what I expect for a masterpiece.

My only disappointment is the van doors are going to wear the red paint. But I will leave it in robot mode .

Colours are way more obvious and this is what I want.

Slight poor finishing on silver paint for my piece for its legs but acceptable.

The hip panels do block movement so it could be better placed.

8/10 for this one.