View Poll Results: JP MP Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 95.35%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 4.65%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide

Ok the strength of these reviews has convinced me to pick him up

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    MAGNIFICENT!

Great review and pics!

Putting the figure next to the cartoon model just shows how good the engineering really is. But now I wish his head was a little bit bigger

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Great review and pics!
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Putting the figure next to the cartoon model just shows how good the engineering really is. But now I wish his head was a little bit bigger
    As discussed here, there are two main helmet types for Ironhide and Ratchet in the cartoon. I personally would've preferred the thicker one for Ironhide and thinner one for Ratchet, but they've evidently chosen to go for the thinner style for both Ironhide and Ratchet.

I took a set of photos showing how Ironhide transforms. Rather than flooding this thread with 38 images, I'll just post this link.

Finally shipped my POL from HLJ and received this fellow last Friday.

In short, Ironhide is just brilliant. I'm blown away be the creative transformation and articulation. Joints are pleasing to maneuver and everything comes together solidly making him a joy to pose. 10/10 TakaraTomy, a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    In short, Ironhide is just brilliant. I'm blown away be the creative transformation and articulation. Joints are pleasing to maneuver and everything comes together solidly making him a joy to pose. 10/10 TakaraTomy, a job well done.
    Totally agree I've made this thread dedicated to the discussion of the transformation of MP Ironhide (and Ratchet in future ). I thought it'd be better than just 'flooding' this thread with loads of pics, and it also allows other people to read reviews without exposing themselves to transformation spoilers.

My toy is still at HLJ warehouse.. Looking forward to getting his guy.

Watched Vangelus' review again on the 3rd party MP Ironhide mould by Voodoo toys (the best 3rd party Ironhide out there), mostly to have another look at the engineering. I'm really surprised by how simple the engineering is on MP27 in comparison, yet achieving a better look. I think the limitations of designing an official product really get the best out of a designer.

Although Vangelus made an interesting point that the official Ironhide should've removed the front bumper from the chest in robot mode. This probably would make it look even better.

or we could call this ironhide gerwalk mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Toy-accurate fan mode
    i received my Ironhide as well and all uncertainty flew out the window after transforming and playing around with him. He does seem a little tubby from certain angles due to having pretty much an actual van torso.

I think the engineering is pretty solid and becomes a pretty good looking robot from what is essentially a brick on wheels. Value is decent too with the included accessories.

Only qc issue with mine is a bit of a loose face plate, or rather the 2 side head pieces have a bit less tolerance and the face plate can almost be gently flicked off from the back "mohawk", and slight gaps can be seen.

otherwise, great toy.

Warning: I'm going to gush a bit.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

After Tracks I had lowered my expectations and avoided all the online hype/bitching so that I could make up my own mind. I'm impressed. He is an engineering wonder. And the colours work really well on him. He pops. The hips flaps are worth mentioning as an area that could/should have been improved upon but overall they do not detract much from this guy.

Super keen for Ratchet now because I think he'll look even better
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain