Page 60 of 152 FirstFirst ... 405055565758596061626364657080 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So NRL injuries have killed off any chance of continuing early form for the Knights, not that I think they would have beaten Manly then the Dragons anyway.

Tigers are looking worse for wear too, and the Panthers showed us again what happens when you put unfit and unready players into your squad.

Cowboys, Doggies, and sadly the Sharks are looking much improved on last season, I was one of many who hated the dogs throughout the noughties, but they have really turned the culture around (read: gotten rid of Mason and mates) and bought some great young talent to the club.

Also have a "friendly" in the soccer against Germany, without any huge name stars. What is the point?
    Tigers are alright. We've got a few players left. Sheens is going to blood some kid at halfback this week because Moltzen still isn't ready. I have no problem with this except it's against his junior club. They know what to expect from him.

Panthers (and Matt Elliot for that matter) could be in strife without Walsh though
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

How unfortunate for CHris Lawrence, i really liked they way he played. i hope it works out on the positive for him i saw him playing origin this year.

a sharks man myself i must admit it is refreshing to see them playing some good football.. i was expecting a tough game against penrith and was a bit disapointed to see them hardley put up a fight.. in saying that.. if it was a sharks teams of old or even round one we would not of put 40 on them....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Panthers (and Matt Elliot for that matter) could be in strife without Walsh though
    And if the reports are true and Lewis is out, the Panthers will be on the wrong side of a cricket score this week. Tahu needs to spend some time at Windsor gaining match fitness.

Dragons should also rack up plenty vs the Knights, Gidley is also unlikely to play.

Shame to see talent like Lawrence and Manu out for a long period of time.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So far so good Booby, you and I are top of the Supercoach table for now!

If only my tips were doing as well.

Also Bennett at Newcastle, as a Novocastrian supporter I feel conflicted. Four years is a reasonable time for Bennett to get Newcastle back into contention for finals football, but I feel sorry for Rock Stone who has done an exceelent job with what he was given after Smith stuffed the club over, and screwed over a lot of juniors and loyal players.

Here's to hoping Bennett getting the junior flow of players into the main squad moving again.

So far so good Booby, you and I are top of the Supercoach table for now!

If only my tips were doing as well.
    Woo Hoo!

I didn't bother entering a tipping comp this year. Too hard. Apparently Geoff Daniella is out for the Tigers... will be interesting to see who they use to replace him.

So is Darius Boyd going to somehow fit into the Knights? and Idris is off to the Gold Coast.

Finally Orford was dropped for someone who has skills. Really must win games for the Raiders and Titans this week.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    So is Darius Boyd going to somehow fit into the Knights? and Idris is off to the Gold Coast.
    Utai is one lucky duck, he would've been back in reserve grade if it werent for all these injuries...

As for Boyd, as long as the Knights dont go for Snowden (too late) they can easily afford him. Any money Snowden becomes another one of those players who goes to the big bucks then gets complacent, and plays terribly for 2-3 years until the last year of his contract. Hopefully Bennett either vetoes his purchase, or drops him the second his form slumps.

Knights will lose Mad Dog and Naquima (should have never bought him, but Smith loved him) at season end, McDonnell can replace one, McManus should be fit soon and replace the other. Boyd goes to fullback, and Gidley can finally permanently move to 5/8, with Mullen and Henry fighting over the 7 jersey.

Should be interesting to see who Bennett keeps and who he boots. Now the coaching merry-go-round can start for Souths, Panthers etc. Manly will keep Hasler, and I think Stone will stay at the Knights as an advisor/lower grade coach, can't see another team wanting him.

Snoweys move to the knights might not happen now anyway as bennett doesnt like paying over 300K for props...i even think it is in one of his contracts.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

As a rabbitohs supporter I can see why bennet went to the knights - the rabbitohs with John Lang leading the way have gone backwards.

Lang is a great coach, but he is past it, his style of play does not suit todays faster game, and it doesn't suit the playing roster he has at the Bunnies.

He shouldn't have come out of retirement, but the bunnies needed someone to step up and coach them!

Lang is a great coach, but he is past it, his style of play does not suit todays faster game, and it doesn't suit the playing roster he has at the Bunnies.

He shouldn't have come out of retirement, but the bunnies needed someone to step up and coach them!
    Yeah - hopefully they can secure magiure from wigan. Sure he has no track record here as a first grade coach but one would hope he will install some discipline at souths.... well he can try