Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Optimus Primal

I think proportions are the key improvement. Better proportions can make a world of a difference in person. It could be the difference between "not better from the original toy" to"he looks like he jumped right out of the show".

Also small transformation steps that make you go "that's clever" or what people would call a Masterpiece moment, which by the looks of it he will certainly have.

I'd pre-order MP Primal on sight.

The rumour is that there will be 4 MP-BWs to start with coming out this year:

1) Primal
    2) Megatron
    3) Cheetor
    4) Rattrap

This info is supposedly based off a product-showcase conference call between TT and Hasbro Asia.

Add salt liberally.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Boom! Scans from Figure King

Alternate beast mode faces, shoulder guns, arm guns, swords, light up feature for robot mode! Hope the robot mode has alternate face plate somehow too, but if it has to be just one, i'm glad they went with open mouth.

I'm no Beast Wars fan but I'm in an excited state right now. I feel like spankin' that monkey.

I like it and I need a Primal to hang with my generations Rhinox

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    3) Cheetor
    I would like to see an improved Cheetor, but instead of Rattrap I wish it was Dinobot (or Tarantulas, but that seems like a dream).

Dinobot needs a MP figure ASAP!!!!

I am very happy with the new pictures of Primal... It looks fantastic. I also cant wait to display him with the Thrilling 30 figures

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I don't own the original so don't really have much perspective on this, but can you elaborate on what you were expecting this to be? Given the animation model was built off the toy and this is built off the animation model, they are bound to be very similar. It can hardly be expected that the leap between the original toy and this be comparable to G1 Prime and MP-10.
    I think it would be quite simple really to cover up the upper arms in beast mode and have the shoulders for robot mode.

All they really need to do is have a swing-able cover that snaps over the inner arm in beast mode to make up the black gorilla arms, and when transformed, the inner cover can swing around up into the outer cover to make up the shoulders for robot mode. Can you see what I mean? Id be happy with that.

Now if only i could write to Takara with my idea. ha.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    All they really need to do is have a swing-able cover that snaps over the inner arm in beast mode to make up the black gorilla arms, and when transformed, the inner cover can swing around up into the outer cover to make up the shoulders for robot mode. Can you see what I mean? Id be happy with that.
    I was thinking they would do something like that, but they probably decided against it due to costs or toy safety laws.

I personally don't mind the shoulder "pads", but I still hate those elbow joints!

The Allspark has uploaded some hi-res scans from Figure King.

Interestingly, it looks like Primal's bot mode gets a screamy face!:

So here's hoping we get a faceplate too!

Courtesy of Tagoal:

Oh baby!

Still hate those elbows! LOL!

Edit: Couple of extra shots from DaimChoc:

Dat ass and dem elbowz...
    Last edited by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!; 3rd February 2016 at 03:00 AM.