Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Hot Rod?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Am I the only one who is a little disappointed that they are visiting a character they've already done instead of a new character? Don't get me wrong, I'll end up buying it coz Hot Rod was one of the first figures i owned, and this could have a better design than the previous, but i would rather preferred a new character
    I am with you, Hot Rod has already been done, do someone new.
    Spiderken Away!

MP-9 like MP-5 is super fragile and as a result I don't transform him, so if they fix that issue it would be very welcome.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    MP-9 like MP-5 is super fragile and as a result I don't transform him, so if they fix that issue it would be very welcome.
    If so they should not have released it in the first place. Is wasting your money.

Mp9 was shocking mp-5 is a gun, I can understand why.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Personally i never owned mp09 so i dont mind a semi re-release or a v2.

Judging from the mp09 reviews he has many flaws. So much that i wouldnt get it anyway.

Happy to those that want it but for me it's another meh release

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Personally i never owned mp09 so i dont mind a semi re-release or a v2.

Judging from the mp09 reviews he has many flaws. So much that i wouldnt get it anyway.
    There is a VERSION 2.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/...64&mode=retail

Looking at the shadow, I can say straight up they Look FIXED the bloody hands. The fingers were horrid in mp-09. If it turns out just to be hasbro mp-09 then this is a complete let down.

If they are willing to do another Hot Rod (Rodimus without the trailer) just so that it is now in scale with the new run of Masterpiece toys (especially Ultra Magnus), I guess it leaves the door open for a second Megatron... who would be more popular than Hot Rod, out of the ones that have already had the Masterpiece treatment.

Of the "old scale" Masterpiece toys...

MP-01 - Convoy/Optimus - already redone in the new scale
    MP-02 - Ultra Magnus (pfft ) - already redone in the new scale
    MP-03 - Starscream - scales well with Soundwave, but could get a slightly smaller version, and then accommodate the coneheads in the new design
    MP-04 - Convoy with trailer - already redone in the new scale
    MP-05 - Megatron - out of scale, needs to be redone in the new scale
    MP-06 - Skywarp - (see MP-03 Starscream) (a new seeker mould would guarantee at least 3 versions if not reworked as coneheads)
    MP-07 - Thundercracker - (see MP-03 Starscream)
    MP-08 - Grimlock - can still count as being in-scale with the new range, as Cartoon Grimlock was massive compared to the regular Autobots.
    MP-09 - Rodimus - out of scale, and looks to be getting redone in the new scale

Then from MP-10, the series was rescaled and given a more uniform scale to the cartoon... so if Hotrod/Rodimus is redone, it just leaves Megatron as the really odd one out. (and if they can successfully sell a second Hotrod, TakaraTomy should be able to make and sell enough Megatrons to the restricted markets from their retailer-customers, to be worth a second version)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If they are willing to do another Hot Rod (Rodimus without the trailer) just so that it is now in scale with the new run of Masterpiece toys (especially Ultra Magnus), I guess it leaves the door open for a second Megatron... who would be more popular than Hot Rod, out of the ones that have already had the Masterpiece treatment.

Of the "old scale" Masterpiece toys...

MP-01 - Convoy/Optimus - already redone in the new scale
    MP-02 - Ultra Magnus (pfft ) - already redone in the new scale
    MP-03 - Starscream - scales well with Soundwave, but could get a slightly smaller version, and then accommodate the coneheads in the new design
    MP-04 - Convoy with trailer - already redone in the new scale
    MP-05 - Megatron - out of scale, needs to be redone in the new scale
    MP-06 - Skywarp - (see MP-03 Starscream) (a new seeker mould would guarantee at least 3 versions if not reworked as coneheads)
    MP-07 - Thundercracker - (see MP-03 Starscream)
    MP-08 - Grimlock - can still count as being in-scale with the new range, as Cartoon Grimlock was massive compared to the regular Autobots.
    MP-09 - Rodimus - out of scale, and looks to be getting redone in the new scale

Then from MP-10, the series was rescaled and given a more uniform scale to the cartoon... so if Hotrod/Rodimus is redone, it just leaves Megatron as the really odd one out. (and if they can successfully sell a second Hotrod, TakaraTomy should be able to make and sell enough Megatrons to the restricted markets from their retailer-customers, to be worth a second version)
    But heres the catch, MP-10 was done in scale with Rodimus as shown in the toy boxes.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/image...e/TAK11255.jpg

I could never quite place my finger on what I didn't like about the first Rodimus but never ended up acquiring it, I think it is great that we are getting a revised version. He'll like wicked kicking it with the likes of Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Magnus

So despite the disappointment, what would they do different now? Include Daniel and open canopy? hmm....that would be a masterpiece afterall.