Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
32 years of buying TFs and I still have no real desire to have my TFs on display. Maybe it will click on one day.
The primary purpose of having my TFs on display is to make it easy for me to access a specific toy when I want to play with it or whatever. By 1985 I decided that I didn't want to rummage through a toy box to find a specific toy. And often when I play with my toys, I don't always just stick to the one series of toys - I will often blend toys from across different series/lines.

e.g. Photocomic: Vaccination PSA
As you can see here, I've used toys from G1, BW, MW, CHUGUR, Energon/Super Link, KISS Play, MP, FoC, AoE, PCC & TFP. This was a relatively quick photocomic that I made by just randomly cherry-picking figures off different shelves, posing them then snapping photos with my phone before workin' my MS Paint Magic on 'em. And packing the toys up was relatively easy too, just put them back on their home shelves.

And there are plenty of times when I'll mix and match toys from different series during my play campaigns.
This campaign started off using RiD toys but I eventually threw in TFP toys. Or this play was meant to be all within the CHUGURverse, but as I needed a generic Autobot medic, I went and plucked Cybertron Red Alert. Or this play where I've used five different Optimi from five different series, as well as Generations Whirl and FoC Megatron. Zeta Prime was added in post-production*. So yeah, the main reason why I display my TFs instead of having them in boxes is really because having them in boxes would be a major hassle as I would have to go and bloody rummage for individual toys.

'07Camaro: just as a tip, you can reduce the size of photobucket images in people's posts by simply adding th_ in front of the file name. This will prevent your reply and the thread from being unnecessarily clogged by repeated full sized images.

-------------------------------------------------------
*I just had to imagine him.