Page 186 of 196 FirstFirst ... 166176181182183184185186187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1953

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I've not watched the show, but from reading Gok's comments, it seems that the writers are being a bit lazy/heavy handed with how the character in question is being written.
    No, they are not. I’ve watched the show but didn’t write five paragraphs about how delicately they tell the story of Nightshafe Learning and understanding over a series of episodes, it’s a character arc . If you only listen to a person complaining there lies trouble.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I mean, children may well know these days, but they've still got to learn somewhere, and a cartoon sounds like a great place to teach them, and even if they already know doesn't mean I'd want them to chuck them out the NB character/s. Just because it's good in your bubble (no offence intended with that term) doesn't mean things are good everywhere. It's definitely still a fight for rights and recognition, and we need to realise that, especially in the US where things are sadly getting worse, not better. We need to support these kinds of initiatives all we can, and be vocal about it, IMO, not critical. The fact that this is our first openly NB character in a cartoon in 2023 says something, and a representation of 1 for kids isnt much at all. We want them to have a diverse range of characters to choose from, just as the rest of us do (if you associate yourselves with a TF character, I sure don't, but I think I'm an outlier). Plus take into account all the other kids media that doesn't have representation yet and the picture becomes even worse.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

All good points. My point was never about the message itself, but more to do with what feels to me like an unnatural overuse of exposition.

I prefer it when representation is just done more organically. Take Tom Holland Spider-Man for example; those movies just introduce a diverse range of characters but it's never explicitly pointed out. But after I saw No Way Home, I went and re-watched the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies, and I was suddenly made aware of just how White everyone is in those films! Spider-Man is set in New York, which of course is famous for being a massive melting pot of different peoples... it makes more sense for Spider-Man to have a diverse cast. And the MCU in general is a pretty diverse cast. A lot of kids today don't even know that Nick Fury was originally a White dude.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 30th March 2023 at 03:53 PM.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Okay, I'm a bit stumped here. How would you show that someone is NB without actually stating it? How would you make their preferred pronouns known without, well, stating them? Sure, you could have everyone just refer to them as, well, them , but where would that have come from? Why did they start doing that, in the world of the cartoon? And how would you treat meeting new people?

Gender diversity is much more difficult to show than something like skin colour or language or accent, because there are no simple and obvious cues.

A bit of a general appreciation post here rather than on various review threads: Dean085 you take and post such great pics of these figures, really make them look amazing and changing my mind on some I was on the fence about.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Got Pointblank the other week. Will be getting the toyhax stickers for him

Battletrap is an awesome figure. Highly recommended. Gave him a combiner wars shotgun. Also you can angle the black hooks behind his shoulders in bot mode to hide them more.

Tarn looking to take down some Autobots

Glad I didn't order Breakdown with Amazon. I'm waiting on Wreck n Rule Springer which is saying March 30-31.

I really love how Hasbro has made Nemesis into a female Decepticon Titan, given that Nemesis is the Greek goddess of retribution.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Was wondering if anyone else knew the classical allusion

And I've just seen the pics - oooooooh yes please!

Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

So he's put Transformers sculptures on land that doesn't belong to him without permission, and they're going to be removed? Doesn't seem like much news to me. It's not as if he's displaying them on his own front porch or lawn etc. It seems like that this would be the equivalent of putting something on a footpath.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So he's put Transformers sculptures on land that doesn't belong to him without permission, and they're going to be removed? Doesn't seem like much news to me. It's not as if he's displaying them on his own front porch or lawn etc. It seems like that this would be the equivalent of putting something on a footpath.
    My understanding was that it is his land, but that there are rules in the neighbourhood prohibiting that kind of thing. Or at least, the neighbours are trying to enforce some kind of ruling. It does seem to be on his property.