Page 65 of 195 FirstFirst ... 455560616263646566676869707585 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Just my own opinion -

I honestly can't believe that (Hunt for the Cons?) Voyager Seaspray is considered by some to be a CHUG style fig. To a lesser extent, Bludgeon too.

Of course collectors are allowed to display their figures however they want, but personally there is no way that Seaspray ticks any boxes that I would consider for the classicverse.

The new TR Seaspray is exactly what a CHUG one should be!

As I said, no offence to anyone! Just my 2 cents.

Now as for Lugnut....
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

The Mirage mould also made a perfect Gobots Crasher (Fracture).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    Just my own opinion -

I honestly can't believe that (Hunt for the Cons?) Voyager Seaspray is considered by some to be a CHUG style fig. To a lesser extent, Bludgeon too.

Of course collectors are allowed to display their figures however they want, but personally there is no way that Seaspray ticks any boxes that I would consider for the classicverse.

The new TR Seaspray is exactly what a CHUG one should be!

As I said, no offence to anyone! Just my 2 cents.

Now as for Lugnut....
    I'll bite. Why not Voyager Seaspray?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I'll bite. Why not Voyager Seaspray?
    Agreed. He's not really a good fit for the movieverse design aesthetic, despite being released in a movie line.

It's because these toys were meant to be CHUGUR figures, but Hasbro assigned them to the Movieverse. So the dilemma here is canonical assignment vs authorial intention. Canonically speaking, yes, both of those toys are in the Movieverse, but others would say that they are part of the Classicsverse by authorial intent. Sea Spray is even more problematic because Hasbro themselves said that he's part of CHUGUR, but the toy's packaging and comic book appearance establish him in the Movieverse!

I personally agree with you, I feel that both of these toys are Movieverse toys. The canon as presented in the final product is the official word as far as I'm concerned. e.g. Sea Spray's packaging bio and comic appearance overrule what a bunch of Hasbro reps said. But this is just my personal opinion, and I can completely understand why others might consider them to be CHUGUR instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Another thing with a photorealistic Beast Wars movie is scale. Here are some size comparisons between different animals compared to a human:
    human vs gorilla (Optimus Primal)
    human vs cheetah (Cheetor)
    human vs velociraptor (Dinobot)
    human vs wasp (Waspinator)
    human and tarantula (Tarantulas)
    human vs pteranodon (Terrorsaur)
    human vs tyrannosaurus rex (Megatron)
    etc.

Imagine all of these animals - in realistic 1:1 scale - fighting each other. And their robot modes would be scaled to the beast modes, so .....
    I think you have the wrong raptor , dinobot is suppose to be a utahraptor i think
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    For all you die hard TF fans, TF1 live action movie is on (yet again!) tonight on Channel GO! at 8:30pm. Check your local tv guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Wouldn't the die hard fans already own multiple copies of this on dvd, blu ray, digital? I'm looking at you BTT.
    Who me?

To be fair, I only bought 1 DVD and 1 Blu Ray of the first movie. The rest got given to me as gifts. As it is I only bought one copy of AoE but when school started last year I found a second copy anonymously left in my pigeon hole. I think someone must have gotten it for Xmas and didn't want it

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    I think you have the wrong raptor , dinobot is suppose to be a utahraptor i think
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor
    The packaging explicitly states "velociraptor". The problem is that it's based on a Jurassic Park velociraptors, which were more closely modelled after Deinonychuses (a relative of Utahraptors). Mutant Beast Razor Claw and AoE Slash had alt modes more closely resembling actual velociraptors.

Although granted that the Jurassic Park raptors are oversized, they're not nearly as large as utahraptors. But I will grant you that they are closer in size to utahraptors than deinonychuses or the diminutive velociraptor. So Jurassic Park gave us dinosaurs called velociraptors who resembled deinonychuses that were almost the size of utahraptors! And it's most likely that an MP Dinobot would be of similar scale since the original toy (and thus cartoon model) is based on the JP raptor, and also cos Dinobot has a massive robot mode (towers over Optimus Primal). So his beast mode would most likely be closer to utahraptor-size.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's because these toys were meant to be CHUGUR figures, but Hasbro assigned them to the Movieverse. So the dilemma here is canonical assignment vs authorial intention. Canonically speaking, yes, both of those toys are in the Movieverse, but others would say that they are part of the Classicsverse by authorial intent. Sea Spray is even more problematic because Hasbro themselves said that he's part of CHUGUR, but the toy's packaging and comic book appearance establish him in the Movieverse!

I personally agree with you, I feel that both of these toys are Movieverse toys. The canon as presented in the final product is the official word as far as I'm concerned. e.g. Sea Spray's packaging bio and comic appearance overrule what a bunch of Hasbro reps said. But this is just my personal opinion, and I can completely understand why others might consider them to be CHUGUR instead.
    I agree. I think Bludgeon fits better than Seaspray - the voyager figure is closer in style to the movie aesthetic and the character was already established in the broader movie canon.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

FatalityPitt Guest

Just my own opinion -

I think that Seaspray is more of a stand-in for G1 Seaspray until a proper CHUG one (like the upcoming TR toy) comes along. Kind of like the Timelines Chromedome before TR Chromedome.

I feel that the Voyager Seaspray is more of a movie-verse toy. Mainly because of the scuba mask. Michael Bay likes to give Transformers a very humanised look by having them sport human features like facial hair (Hound/Sentinel Prime/Leadfoot, etc), samurai helmets (Drift), trench coats (Crosshairs), etc. To me, the Scuba mask is something only a human might wear. Seaspray is a robot, why would he need goggles and an oxygen mask when diving?