Page 47 of 195 FirstFirst ... 273742434445464748495051525767 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Just thinking about the cost of MP figures compared to the cost of their original counterparts, with the cost of the originals adjusted for contemporary standards and MP prices are based on full Japanese RRP (as opposed to the discounted pre-order prices that we usually pay). We can see...

* MP Lambor is 200% dearer than the original Sideswipe toy.
    * MP Beast Convoy is 221% dearer than the original Ultra Optimus Primal toy.
    * MP Soundwave is 356% dearer than the original Soundwave (although much cheaper if you got the Hasbro version locally)
    * MP11 Starscream is 433% dearer than the original Starscream
    * MP10 is 462% dearer than the original Optimus Prime toy.

I got Cybertron Swerve for my birthday - my son has gone to bed with his little flashlight looking at the catalog poster.

So friggin cute - I'm raising that boy right

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Just thinking about the cost of MP figures compared to the cost of their original counterparts, with the cost of the originals adjusted for contemporary standards and MP prices are based on full Japanese RRP (as opposed to the discounted pre-order prices that we usually pay). We can see...

* MP Lambor is 200% dearer than the original Sideswipe toy.
    * MP Beast Convoy is 221% dearer than the original Ultra Optimus Primal toy.
    * MP Soundwave is 356% dearer than the original Soundwave (although much cheaper if you got the Hasbro version locally)
    * MP11 Starscream is 433% dearer than the original Starscream
    * MP10 is 462% dearer than the original Optimus Prime toy.
    Wait.... How much was beast convoy back in the day?

I started watching RID2015 season 2 last night.

I really like the Decepticon designs for this series, the vehicle modes and animal-esque robot modes has me most fascinated. Shame even the warrior toys don't manage to look as snazzy as the TV show

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Listening to a 'Stuff You Should Know' podcast on Action Figures (3/11/16), they spoke about Ronald Reagan appointing a new head to the US Federal Trade Commission who went on to make it possible (in order to encourage free markets) for toy manufacturers to advertise heavily with and during cartoons. Without this ruling, we may not have had Transformers as we know them.
    Jokingly, I nominate Regan or a member of the powerful lobby group as future inducties into the Transformers Hall of Fame!

Interestingly, i came across this article (http://www.earthisland.org/journal/i...sicle_package/) regarding the impact of this change on kids food advertising (and it briefly mentions toy cartoons). It is a very good read and fine example of lobby groups affecting policy.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 9th November 2016 at 03:18 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I started watching RID2015 season 2 last night.

I really like the Decepticon designs for this series, the vehicle modes and animal-esque robot modes has me most fascinated. Shame even the warrior toys don't manage to look as snazzy as the TV show

I like seeing Decepticons with beast modes or animal motifs. It makes them more distinct from Autobots, who usually turn just into boring ol' cars, trucks, and the occasional plane. Also, the animal motifs remind me a lot a lot of RiD Car Robots from the early 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Jokingly, I nominate Regan or a member of the powerful lobby group as future inducties into the Transformers Hall of Fame!

Interestingly, i came across this article (http://www.earthisland.org/journal/i...sicle_package/) regarding the impact of this change on kids food advertising (and it briefly mentions toy cartoons). It is a very good read and fine example of lobby groups affecting policy.
    Regan wanted to pull down a wall, Trump wants to build one. Does that mean Trump is anti-TF?

I had a glance at the ClickFrenzy website this morning. Didn't notice many interesting deals aside from ToyWorld and TwoScoops, and also noted that the CF website was very blue.

Wanted to check them out again just now, but I'm having mental slow day as I've been sick for a week. Googled the website name instead of typing the URL, had a good look at the search results and wondered, "wth is this crap?". Just realised I Googled "click rumble" instead.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Random musings

How is it that Kmart can sell G2 Bruticus at $99 and make a profit, whilst TRU has him at $169 (down from $199)? How much of a markup must TRU have on the set? Did they pay a premium cost to get them in first before everyone else? Why do I still shop at TRU?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Random musings

How is it that Kmart can sell G2 Bruticus at $99 and make a profit, whilst TRU has him at $169 (down from $199)? How much of a markup must TRU have on the set? Did they pay a premium cost to get them in first before everyone else? Why do I still shop at TRU?
    Cost prices per unit are higher.
    Probably not.
    Why do you still shop there?