Page 73 of 195 FirstFirst ... 536368697071727374757677788393 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Get off your computer and go play with your toys!

"Then go!"
    - Bodhi Rook (Rogue One)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    '07Camaro: just as a tip, you can reduce the size of photobucket images in people's posts by simply adding th_ in front of the file name. This will prevent your reply and the thread from being unnecessarily clogged by repeated full sized images.
    Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for the tip

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Today my son picked his own clothes and decided to go the 'Multiverse Optimus' route:

G1 Optimus t-shirt
    TFPrime Optimus shorts
    Movie Optimus undies

It was pretty cute

This is what I loved about the original Wreckers. They were a hodgepodge team assembled from different sub-groups just lumped together. Triple Changers, Deluxe Autobots, Jumpstarters, Inferno etc. - cos that's how people play with their toys (or in Trev's son's case, assembles his wardrobe ). You don't usually give a hoot about what line or whatever it's from. Today I had a quick play with my Cybertron Shortround and RiD Stormshot - two very different continuities, but hey... why not?

Of course in 1986 G1 was the only series around, but in the context of that year simply throwing in all these seemingly random characters together was reminiscent of toy play. It's different from seeing exclusive teams like the Dinobots, Aerialbots, Constructicons etc. - they're all part of the same set and if they're working together, okay that's cool, but just lacks the eclecticism of a random team. The TFP Wreckers felt like this too - Wheeljack, Bulkhead & Ultra Magnus* - all very different characters thrown together. Dark of the Moon's Wreckers kinda lost that flavour to me since they were all pretty much the same (i.e. brash Auto-Bogans who transform into Nascars). It felt more like the Wreckers were an exclusive special team instead of being a hodgepodge team. Still... I must admit that part of me is glad that the Wreckers made it into the live action movies at all, considering that when Michael Bay came to the Sydney premiere in 2007, I and some other fans started repeatedly shouting, "WRECK AND RULE!" as he walked towards us. Might be all a coincidence (probably is), but hey.

-------------------------------------------------
    *although technically Ultra Magnus wasn't a Wrecker, he was merely their commanding officer - just like in G1! I loved how Beast Hunters paid homage to G1 Ultra Magnus' relationship w/ the G1 Wreckers like that.

I know we can level a bunch of criticism at Hasbro for the quality of their paint jobs, but their yellow paint really annoys me. Hasbro never seems to be able to match their yellow paint to yellow plastic and often looks watered down.

^Totally agree. And Hasbro often go with really bright hurt-your-eyes yellow too. I own both Armada Hot Shot and Micron Legend Hot Rod and the difference between the yellows is quite remarkable. I own Henkei Sunstreaker and I have handled Universe Sunstreaker IRL and yeah, the richer cadmium yellow on the Henkei toy is SO much better than the mismatching tones of canary yellow on Universe Sunstreaker. Same with the Hasbro and TakaraTOMY versions of 2007 Movie Old Camaro Bumblebee (not to mention Hasbro's poorly applied battle damage and lack of clear plastic on the windows).

I don't know what it is with Hasbro and yellow paints, but yeah... they're not great with it. The yellows on my LG Weirdwolf also look much nicer than the yellows on my TR Wolfwire, but then again, LG Weirdwolf costs nearly double the price of TR Wolfwire, so I can't really hold that against Wolfwire. But the other toys I mentioned were of comparable RRPs.

FatalityPitt Guest

I've been looking at pictures of LG-45 and 46. Man, I'd love to own a couple of those Targetmaster / Arms Micron figures (or something like them). I'm a big fan of accessorizing my deluxes and voyagers. But alas, the after-market prices on eBay for individual Arms Microns are atrociously high.

There's the RiD minicons, but I feel the look is a bit too cartoonish to go well with my Generations figures.

I hope Power of the Primes give us something similar.

I've seen a lot of stores around me shelfwarming the 2nd wave of Voyagers (Alpha Trion & Astrotrain), preventing wave 3 and 4 from showing up, but apparently Canada is even worse... so I guess I should be happy it isn't as bad as the store photo in this posting.

A random thought/speculation/prediction: The new movie deluxes don't look too bad, and the recolours of the AOE ones a remove, but when they hit toy shelves for $35-$40 people are going to go nuts.

I didn't realise that the Sydney, Darling Harbour IMAX theatre closed last August (to be demolished and replaced with a new one for 2019)... as I was looking forward to seeing TF5 there this year.

When I read that people saw the TF5 preview footage at the Moore Park cinemas, I was curious as to when they built an IMAX theatre there... and now I see that Hoyts have built three regular sized IMAX theatres in Australia (one in each at Melbourne, Sydney and Perth), to add to the two large ones in Melbourne (museum) and Sydney (Darling Harbour).

Now to see which IMAX theatres will be showing TF5 this June... and if it screens at the big one in Melbourne, I might have to fly down there again (I saw the first one in Melbourne, and the other three in Sydney... and I need to keep the tradition going of seeing them once in IMAX).