Page 72 of 195 FirstFirst ... 526267686970717273747576778292 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    32 years of buying TFs and I still have no real desire to have my TFs on display. Maybe it will click on one day.
    The primary purpose of having my TFs on display is to make it easy for me to access a specific toy when I want to play with it or whatever. By 1985 I decided that I didn't want to rummage through a toy box to find a specific toy. And often when I play with my toys, I don't always just stick to the one series of toys - I will often blend toys from across different series/lines.

e.g. Photocomic: Vaccination PSA
    As you can see here, I've used toys from G1, BW, MW, CHUGUR, Energon/Super Link, KISS Play, MP, FoC, AoE, PCC & TFP. This was a relatively quick photocomic that I made by just randomly cherry-picking figures off different shelves, posing them then snapping photos with my phone before workin' my MS Paint Magic on 'em. And packing the toys up was relatively easy too, just put them back on their home shelves.

And there are plenty of times when I'll mix and match toys from different series during my play campaigns.
    This campaign started off using RiD toys but I eventually threw in TFP toys. Or this play was meant to be all within the CHUGURverse, but as I needed a generic Autobot medic, I went and plucked Cybertron Red Alert. Or this play where I've used five different Optimi from five different series, as well as Generations Whirl and FoC Megatron. Zeta Prime was added in post-production*. So yeah, the main reason why I display my TFs instead of having them in boxes is really because having them in boxes would be a major hassle as I would have to go and bloody rummage for individual toys.

'07Camaro: just as a tip, you can reduce the size of photobucket images in people's posts by simply adding th_ in front of the file name. This will prevent your reply and the thread from being unnecessarily clogged by repeated full sized images.

-------------------------------------------------------
    *I just had to imagine him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    32 years of buying TFs and I still have no real desire to have my TFs on display. Maybe it will click on one day.

But still, I started cataloging my collection on the weekend (using Jaydisc's http://iTFDb.com ) and found I have 91 TFs around my house that I can see without opening a cupboard door or opening a storage tab; so I guess I have some "on display" but a good 30 or more are still MISB.
    That is pretty awesome, not a display as such, more of a living artwork

Before we moved into the new house, I can't actually recall how I stored my transformers. In the new house (ie we moved in at the start of 1997 about a week before I left to go to uni) I put it all on shelves. see the video linked from the thread linked in my signature.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I was looking through some of the old character bios/stats on tfu.info the other day, and damn...Weirdwolf has some freaking high stats.

Strength: 8
    Intelligence: 8
    Speed: 9
    Endurance: 8
    Courage: 9
    Firepower: 7
    Skill: 7

That's better than Ultra Magnus, Soundwave, and literally the same as Cyclonus. Pretty hardcore for a guy who's largely been portrayed in fiction as either a bog-standard mook and/or comic relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I was looking through some of the old character bios/stats on tfu.info the other day, and damn...Weirdwolf has some freaking high stats.

Intelligence: 8
    Guess that high intelligence explains why he speaks like Yoda.. "Destroy the Autobots I shall. Tear them to scrap metal I will."

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I'm sure it's been talked about before but i didn't realise this kinda stuff was coming

Hasbro Generations 8-step Jetfire???

http://chimungmung.com/images/TB2xNj...pg_600x600.jpg
    Last edited by griffin; 4th April 2017 at 06:37 PM. Reason: hotlinked image replaced with link

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I'm sure it's been talked about before but i didn't realise this kinda stuff was coming

<external.hotlinks.removed>
    News thread is here.

Ah whoops thanks

Nearly 10 years ago I paid 400 big ones for MP-05 from a little anime store in Melbourne CBD.

Today, I transformed it for the first time.

Super impressed with the result, and didn't have too much difficulty except for the forearms and shoulders not aligning properly.

But I totally love the alt mode and will probably keep him displayed like this now, seeing as the new Megs is out.
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

And the transformation procrastination award goes to...

Holy cow, dude. I can't even last 10 minutes without wanting to open a new toy. 10 years?!

Haha well he was in storage for a while, and in all honesty, after paying that much I just didn't want to risk breaking him!

Also, I have never transformed MP-09 or DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime =p
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun