Page 55 of 195 FirstFirst ... 354550515253545556575859606575 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Motormaster like playing chicken.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    5 more days until the Year of the Monkey ends and the Year of the Chicken begins. On New Years Eve/Day I like to carry a Transformer with me whose alt mode matches the incoming year's lunar zodiac animal, e.g. this year's NY I had Apache (mandrill) with me to welcome the New Year, and I took Optimus Minor (monkey) with me when I took my family out for a New Year's lunch. Apache came with us on a NY road trip. The year before then I had Ramulus (goat) with me to welcome in the Year of the Caprid.

Next year is the Year of the Chicken, and frustratingly enough it's the only lunar zodiac animal which has never been used as a Transformer's alt mode. So my dilemma is, which kind of Transformer should I have with me to ring in the New Year? My thoughts are:
    * a bird Transformer. Since chickens are birds.
    * a dinosaur Transformer. Since dinosaurs are also birds.

...or I could go with Archadys or Airraptor... I'm torn! What would you guys do?
    I thought the year of the Chicken only starts on Chinese New Year?.. Hmmm. Ok, sure.. A couple options:

- Beast Hunters Legion Windrazor
    - G1 Cutthroat
    - Titans Return Ptero
    - Titans Return Crashbash/Cobbler/Overboard
    - G1 Dezaras or the recent Combiner Wars one (If you want to be highly adventurous. Actually, out of everyone on the list, G1 Dezaras resembles a chicken the most!)
    http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...urus_g1toy.jpg

Most of these (except Dezaras) are small and easy to carry.

Megatran Guest

Gigastorm.

Next year is the Year of the Chicken, and frustratingly enough it's the only lunar zodiac animal which has never been used as a Transformer's alt mode. So my dilemma is, which kind of Transformer should I have with me to ring in the New Year? My thoughts are:
    * a bird Transformer. Since chickens are birds.
    * a dinosaur Transformer. Since dinosaurs are also birds.

...or I could go with Archadys or Airraptor... I'm torn! What would you guys do?
    Deathsaurus.
    I mean, Airazor or Beast Machines Silverbolt could work too, but Deathsaurus' alt-mode is basically a giant metal death-chicken so it seems more appropriate for the year that's going to bring us President Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I thought the year of the Chicken only starts on Chinese New Year?..
    Actual date may vary in different regions, but the earliest celebration is on January 1st, as the Meiji government decided to sychronise the Lunar New Year with the Gregorian calendar in 1873.

Of all the toys suggested, the only ones that I actually own are:
    + Beast Hunters Legion Windrazor
    + G1 Cutthroat
    + CW Dezaras (the G1 figure is called Deszaras (commonly spelt as Deathsaurus by Anglophone fans); only the CW character is called Dezaras.
    + Airazor (original mould and Transmetal)
    + BM Silverbolt

I don't have Gigastorm, but I do have Trypticon. Other birdformers I have include Laserbeaks, Buzzsaws, Garboil, Sundors, Rav, Wingspan, Divebombs, Booster X10, Squawktalk, BW Silverbolt (Magnaboss), Doubledealer etc.

Also, if Gigastorm is a valid suggestion, how about other Dinoformers? I'm going to avoid pterosaurs because they are biologically unrelated to birds (they're actually reptiles, not avian-dinosaurs). I'll definitely keep Deszaras in mind when I'm making next year's New Year piccie.

Default TFP vs CW/TR Deluxes

just transformed a few of my old TFP deluxes and was impressed how complicated they were compared to the current line. Some of the transformations are very very complex - better than some of the current Leader Class TFs! Anyone else noticed this?

Also, if Gigastorm is a valid suggestion, how about other Dinoformers? I'm going to avoid pterosaurs because they are biologically unrelated to birds (they're actually reptiles, not avian-dinosaurs). I'll definitely keep Deszaras in mind when I'm making next year's New Year piccie.
    There was that archaeopteryx one as well. It's probably your best option if you're going for the dinosaur-bird link route.

There's also always the Angry Bird TFs if you have any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    There was that archaeopteryx one as well. It's probably your best option if you're going for the dinosaur-bird link route.
    Technically two of them. And I have both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    There's also always the Angry Bird TFs if you have any of those.
    Not a bad idea. I do have Angry Bird Ultra Magnus. And AFAIK it's a "species-less" generic kind of bird (let's face it, it's a ball with a face and beak attached to a transforming robot).

For his birthday on the 19th got Orion a RB Hoist & Medix, Stomp'n'Chomp AOE Grimlock along with a BH card and TFP wrapping paper.

For Xmas everything was other themed gifts except for a plush TF AOE Sword & TF popping candy. He told me that 'Santa made a mistake' because he didn't get more robots.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    just transformed a few of my old TFP deluxes and was impressed how complicated they were compared to the current line. Some of the transformations are very very complex - better than some of the current Leader Class TFs! Anyone else noticed this?
    You mean RiD Prime? Yeah, the Deluxe Rachet seemed simple enough, but Knock Out (deluxe) was a mind-boggler. I theorize that they made the transformations simpler because some people might have complained about them being too complex for younger fans. Also, the more complicated the transformation, the greater the risk of breakage, I think. If you're into complex/challenging transformations, you might want to check out RtS Deluxe Perceptor. To this day it still baffles me.